X-PARTICLES: millions of particles, fast render times

GSG Cast Episode 4 9 Comments

Intro: MGFest Presentation and Twitter awesomeness

Setup: Drobo

Comments: Looking down, Podcast excuses and microphone choice

End: Bye!

Transform

1. Sweet man, thanks for the mic info:)
    I currently am using a cheap-a$$ plantronics mic (5yrs old, lol) for my dvd vid tuts on SimplyMaya.com, and I’ve been in the market for a nice condenser mic that I don’t have to get extra phantom power for etc…
    …but since yours sounds fricken silky smooth, I might just invest in quality:)
    Thanks again!
    Izzy
    doitinpost.com

2. Jeroen

Hi,
    I found your site on motionographer, I like your blog
    and i can’t waite to see more things of you and maybe some tutorials!

3. Brett

hey dude,
    heres a trick with the eye contact thing. If move your notes farther back from you, you tend to look straight ahead (all about placement). you will probably just need to write them down to move them around, but you probably already figured that out.

4. martin_d

hopefully you didn’t get four of those firmware-faulty seagate drives?

5. Hi Nick,

I’m interested in learning more about the basics you mentioned in your presentation. Are there any books you would recommend for learning those topics, mainly animation and storytelling?

6. Good choice in mics, those things are pretty awesome for the price.

And I haven’t watched any of these vids yet, but I’ve been moving and therefore have no internets. That should be remedied today. And then videos shall be watched through my internets. :D

7. Hi,
    Thanks for the videos!!
    For your timer pb, you mentionned widget, why don’t you put your widget on your desktop during the recording?
    Bye

Fred

8. Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you writing this post plus the rest of the site is really good.