4 Free R16 Scene Files

Circle Vs Square Midpoint 18 Comments

Great work from the Five Second Project army this week. Keep them coming! Only three more days left until the next theme will be announced. It seems to be inspiring some people to try new things. I love it.

I would love to hear some feedback about the projects in general. Any ideas for the next theme? What do you think about this format so far? Leave your thoughts in the comments.

If you need one more push to get started, check out these great submissions to get your mind grapes flowing and make your own submission.

1. I love what everyone is doing and I get inspired from watching other projects. I’m still learning and I get excited to see all of the possibilities.

If you haven’t gone out and got your own Flip Mino HD…what are you waiting for? The thing is amazing. Thanks Nick.

Love this site, love the videos. I’m sure that we could all come up with a thousand different 5 second ideas but what works for me is the not knowing. Nick throws it out there and we run with it.

Let’s be scary!

2. bugrilhos

Hey Nick! What I’m loving in these 5 sec projects is the possibility to make something tottaly out of the conventional, out of the comercial… we work hard to make a living and sometimes just forget that it’s just FUN! I bet you are inspiring so many people like me to have FUN again! Thanx!

3. I want to second both the above emotions! I liken these 5-second projects to spontaneously sketching in a notepad. I look forward to more. And thanks Nick for including mine in this post.

4. Nick!!! I just graduated and this is the perfect way for me to try new things and continue working on motion, I think it’s brilliant :)

Sometimes in previous motion classes a teacher would set one or two limitations for short animation assignments. For example once we were limited to using only 1 camera move.

Anyway, I think what you’ve got going is awesome and hope it continues! :)

5. Jeremy

I love these.

Seriously, I never used a 3D app until I found this site, and these challenges, a week ago. I’ve learned so much from this simple idea, circle and square.. it’s so effective. It gave a reason to create which then gave me a reason to learn, and now I will be doing at least one a week. I did 4 this week.

Thanks Nick

6. Hi there, my third partcicipation to the 5sec projects. Definitely a good way to see what can be done on a simple theme basis and to get inspired and learn from other people skills.As i am looking for a job in motion graphics it’s also a good way for me to try different styles and techniques, improve my workflow, develop my imagination around a simple concept and well..just improve myself as a graphist.
    So great idea , i hope it’s the beginning of a long serie ;)

So here is my entry for the week (in a street fighter mood ^^):

7. Hello from Estonia!

I like the idea to do a little project, which isn’t related to a work or something.
    When you are in a work – you’re stuck in a environment and depended on another persons need and have to have good results and acceptance.
    In this project you can do what ever you want in different techniques.

Here are some ideas for new projects :
    scentless flower, “I wanna candy!”, woman & man, “why work?”, numerology, famous quotation, My Name, stinky economy (now a ran out of ideas :P )

Keep up the good work Nick!

(pardon my bad english)

8. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Saz9XIFQMsI

Hey all. So I know this entry doesn’t qualify for a number of reasons (it’s not really meant to be an entry) but I still thought it worth sharing.

I’ve been writing a webcomic called Circle Versus Square since Jan of last year, almost up to 200 comics! I made these little promotional videos early on (there are about 5 more). I haven’t used them much for anything, but I searched for Circle Versus Square in google and found this competition. So here ya go, just some good times.

Thanks!