The number one question that I get asked is “How did you get into Motion Graphics?” More specifically, people want to know the steps to take to get into a creative industry.
I got a set of questions from a student named Izzy about this topic. He wanted to know what school I went to and how I ended up at Digital Kitchen. I decided to answer these questions on video so that I could share the answers with everybody.
- How did you get started in animation??
- Where did you go to college??
- Was it worth it??
- What were your first thought when graduated??
- Did you have any idea where you were going when you got out of college??
- Is it any surprise to you that you are where you are now??
- Do you like where you are now??
- You seem to have alotta time to experiment, how much of that is at work or directly related??
- How much time do you usually put in at work per week??
- How do you keep from getting burned out??
- When you are looking to hire do you do that per project??
- Do you look for people who are specialized in one area? Or do you find generalists to fit the bill??
- Does it really come down to working really hard and applying for jobs and getting them eventually over time??
The Movie that Got Me Into Motion Graphics: MK12 – Man Of Action
Trust me, this shit was HOT in 2000!
Please leave your questions, if you have them, in the comments and I can answer them in a future GSG Cast.
Make sure to check out “How to be Creative and Get Paid” for a less scatterbrained look at how to become a creative and creator.