X-PARTICLES: millions of particles, fast render times

GSG Cast: ShakeItPhoto and How to Set up a Photoblog in 5 Minutes 89 Comments

In today’s cast, I show you a demonstration of my new Photography iPhone App, ShakeItPhoto.. I also show you how to set up your own Posterous account so you can photo-blog directly from your iPhone. If you are using ShakeItPhoto, drop a link in the comments to your photos. I love seeing them. Thanks!

Buy ShakeItPhoto at the iTunes Store

Official ShakeItPhoto Site

My Posterous ShakeItPhoto Blog

Alexia’s Posterous ShakeItPhoto Blog

1. Tobias

Hey Nick! Just got the app. Nice little timewaster :)
    Thanks for developing it!

2. Cool photos all around – my whole workday is lost because of shakeitphoto and all of your photos :)

3. Awesome app, Nick. Just started my posterous account. This is going to be fun. Not a big deal, but a suggestion for the ShakeIt app. Would it be possible to put some frame lines in the app when you are taking the actual photo. That way you can better adjust for the final product. I’m starting to get used to it anyway, but it might help. Thanks again!

4. Thanks for your suggestion VanZoso! We are working on that for a future version.

Great Posterous blogs everybody!

5. It would be awesome to have non flash videos to watch on the iPhone during lunch breaks

6. An absolutely amazing app, Nick. I think you already subscribe to my posterous blog, but here it is nonetheless. Thanks and keep up the great work!

7. Hey Nick!
    Been using it since release day and both me and my girlfriend are digging it!

One thing I’ve noticed that I’d love to maybe see implemented in a future version of the app would maybe be a developing section? Took a load of photos at the pub one night last week with a group of friends and obviously there was the waiting time in-between each photo.
    Maybe when the photo is developing at the bottom you could have a button to send it into a “queue” to either automatically develop whilst you keep snapping or you go back later on and do a lot of shaking to develop! Anyway keep up the good work! really loving this app – and 59p!

Bargain.

8. nick this is awesome! i just got a new samsung instinct. not an iphone, but i want this app! is it possible?

9. Played around with it the whole day – it is sooo addicting.

One thing though: It would be great if the app would create a new album on the iphone instead of saving the shakeitphotos in between the standard iphone pictures. Or is that somehow restricted by apple?

10. ok. so i JUST figured out how to CREATE my own posterous -after getting shit from my brother that joshua-zohxw.posterous sounds lame. (I could’ve thought of an acronym for zohxw. just saying)

here’s my customized. thanks again for the post Nick. keep up your badassedness.

11. Awesome app, kicks the crap out of Camerabag with its unbearable memory hogging.
    Posterous: http://aiphilip.posterous.com/
    A few ideas: the ability to import library photos; choosing whether or not to have the white border; emailing from within the app would be cool.
    Just my 2¢, but these are minor deets. FYI the app has crashed a few times just after the photo “slides” on to the screen.
    Great stuff!

12. Great app Nick – here’s my contribution to shakeitphoto .. keep up the good work

13. Tyler

I can’t get it to post anything but little thumbnails to posterous.
    Kinda annoying, is there any way to fix that?

14. Tania

Hi Nick,
    I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind doing a Cinema 4D tutorial on materials?
    Thank you !

15. Hey,

Love shakeit – been using it for a while ow and making some great pics! Creating a posterous account and will upload everything I have shot.

One minor thing – I just upgraded to a 3Gs and all of my shakes are super tight – like the camera is zooming in on everything. Have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks.

• Thanks for the heads up Martin. We are aware of the Cropping problem and We will be fixing this in version 1.1

• Martin +1

Any idea when you will have new version ready?? Mine crops only the top left portion.

More resolution option would be great too, otherwise I love the app.

Thanks!

• It is being reviewed by Apple right now. We expect it to be in a couple weeks. You never know with apple though. Keep Shooting

16. In the video, Nick uses the “Email Photo” button when viewing the photo on the iPhone. This generates a new email with a 800-pixel-wide photo attached.

I stumbled upon a method to attach photos with much higher resolution (1040 pixels wide). Assuming you’re on iPhone OS 3.0, from the thumbnail view in an album or the camera roll, tap the icon in the lower left corner, select your photos, then tap “Copy”. Start a new blank mail message, then paste the photos into the body. It may be an extra step or two, but the payoff is higher-resolution attachments.

17. Quisp

Wow! Thanks for ShakeItPhoto. Fantastic, fantastic app!! I’m so glad that you added realistic photo color and exposure manipulation as well as the border and sound effects. Suggested future features would be the ability to manipulate the image like Lucas Samaras and others used to do by simulating pressing, scraping and even applying heat to the image as it is processing. Anyway, thanks again!

18. what is the easiest way to print the cool pic s with shakeit? is there square pic printer paper out there that matches up to the dimensions of the photo?

thanks big time for a very cool app…

19. Hi! I just started doing a ShakeItPhoto daily photo post on my regular blogger blog.

salty-momma.blogspot.com

Just click on ShakeItPhoto at the top! :)

I LOVE ShakeItPhoto so THANKS SO MUCH for making it. :)

20. delmi

HI there, I am wondering how to delete in the blog the word “posterous” . Actually in my blog http://photomarginal.posterous.com/ you can see the photomarginal’s posterous. Please how to delete the “posterous” word.
    thanks

• Gary Cook

ps…bought CrossProcess, ShakeItPhoto amongst others. Red Giants Plastic Bullet is awesome too.

21. kagames son

Good post. I find out one factor tougher on various blogs daily. It need to at all times be stimulating to learn content material from unique writers and observe slightly a thing from their shop. I’d wish to work with some with all the content material on my weblog whether you do not thoughts. Natually I’ll give you a link within your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

22. An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague who was doing a little homework on this. And he actually bought me lunch simply because I found it for him… lol. So let me reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending time to talk about this subject here on your internet site.

23. Thanks for your blog post. The things i would like to add is that laptop or computer memory ought to be purchased if the computer still can’t cope with what you do by using it. One can add two random access memory boards containing 1GB each, for instance, but not one of 1GB and one of 2GB. One should make sure the company’s documentation for own PC to be certain what type of memory it can take.