Where Did The Reflection Channel Go In R16?

New Five Second Project: “Your Name” 94 Comments

UPDATE: The “Your Name” project has ended. This week’s contest just started. Check it out here

Really great work last week for the Circle Vs Square Project. The work keeps getting better and better!

This week’s project is all about YOU. Everyone needs some personal pimping. Need to finally make that reel intro you have been putting off? Maybe you always wanted to see your name in lights? Now is your chance. Use this theme to make a short motion piece with your name or company’s logo and link it in the comments of this blog post. “Shout Box” submissions will not be seen. Please be sure to post a link in this post’s comments to ensure me seeing it and posting it. Can’t wait!

1. “Need to finally make that reel intro you have been putting off? ”

Get out of my head, homey!

2. Andy Wood

Well, here’s my go…
    As a side-note, this 5 second project series is a great idea. It will definitely help people like me who really don’t get a chance to do a lot of small motion graphic stuff.

3. Hi, everyone. I’m from Italy and just discovered this beautifull place.
    can you tell me which is the best format and compression for vimeo’s uploading?

4. Sam, just make it qt h264 in high quality and it should be fine ;)

5. By the way I think your project might have crashed vimeo – literally took ten hours to encode because of high upload traffic. Hundreds of 5 second projects I assume.

6. Hey Nick and/or group, what has been the general time cycle on these 5 sec. bits. Change the theme weekly, biweekly? Rad stuff.
    Hamilton.

7. The Gorilla

thegorilla

Ryan, There will be a new theme every week. Thanks!

Great entries so far!

8. Every week eh? Sounds good. Make the next one Typography & Triangles. Also went through John & Lloyd’s tutorials yesterday and this evening so I thought I’d add a logo animation to the bunch based on what they showed. Both great tutorials which teach a lot.

motionworks.com & aetuts.com

Indy Logo

BTW, some sweet stuff being posted here. Very cool.
    Hamilton.

9. lovin your blog dude, been meaning on sending some stuff through for the last couple of projects but been manic with work (good thing i suppose!). This one was easier as the content already existed!

10. Jakob

it’s not five seconds, actually twice as long. but i wanted to share it with you to get some opinions : ) so i thought this might be a good point in time.

cheers jakob

11. Hey Nick,

Here is my entry. First time participating, wont be the last, it was fun!!

12. I was this week already working on company name project for a school assignment.
    We have to use the name of a small broadcast station from Rotterdam.

So I post it here to receive some extra commends.

13. Herik

thanks for the add, your concept is great.
    I’m waiting the next theme.
    Herik

14. Is it just me or are these videos…along with many of vimeos videos right now, just loading a black screen and not playing?