WHAT'S NEW IN CINEMA 4D R16

Gary on Resumes 10 Comments

If you have a resume… you’re a dickhead.

I mean, who has a resume now?

You don’t think they google your name?

- Gary Vaynerchuk

Check out the full video here

1. Chase

Someone asked me for a resume once….it made me reconsider whether or not I wanted to work for them.

2. Simon

If I’m hiring the last thing I want to do is spend time finding out all about you.

Gary may be successful in the US and he’s certainly done a good job in promoting himself and his business and I wish him all the best but everyone I speak to over here in Europe hates him. I’d be interested to see if he gets any orders for his wine from outside the US.

3. What is this quote trying to say exactly? I don’t see how google can magically figure out who are your best references, or breakdown past work in a neat and concise manor.Some employers still prefer to asses a new employee this way. Maybe he means a paper resume rather than an online resume. But if this dude is saying having a resume at all makes you a dickhead then I think this guy is an idiot. II think about 95% of the workforce still expects an individual to have a resume and may even consider thinking you’re a dickhead if you don’t. Don’t even know who this dude is and refuse to google his name to find out haha.

4. Yeah… Every agency I’ve worked for or with ALL wanted resume’s along with my folio initially. He must mean paper form.

5. It’s pretty clear to me that Gary is not addressing corporate hopefuls. If you are looking to climb a corporate ladder to attain the glass ceiling, Gary is not your man. If you are an entrepreneur and you can get past his language, then he has much to offer.

6. Espenja

I don’t think I could stand 10 minutes with this guy…

7. Thats the thing about Gary, he is polarizing as hell. No matter if you hate him or you love him, you do it with great vigor.