What Version Of Cinema 4D Should You Get?

GSG Summer Update 29 Comments

Can’t see the video? Go to GreyscaleGorilla.com

Just a quick Summer update for everyone. I will be out of town next week and Moving to a new Apartment the week after, so posting and comment-answering may be a bit intermittent for the next couple of weeks. I just wanted to give you a heads up.

Hit me up in the Comments, on Twitter or at the GSG FaceBook Fan Page if you want to say hi.

Hope your summer is going well!

1. Nice. You’ve done way more than a good job by my book! You really deserve beers and festivals.

Oh, and I hope you got a good alarm system at home in case some crook sees this video ;)

2. Martin

Good luck with the move Nick. It’s always such a pain moving house. Maybe do some ‘Roving Gorilla’ reports on your iPhone while you’re out and unplugged, just for fun.

Thanks for the almost daily inspiration. :)

3. I’m thinking of moving to Chicago myself. I’m looking at the Lincoln/Edgewater/Glen View areas. Any moving tips on certain areas or apartment advice?

• The best way to get a place is to come out for a week and really get to know the neighborhoods. They are all so different. See you around.

• Check out the City Data forum for Chicago–lots of discussions about different neighborhoods.

But yeah, the best way to assess a neighborhood is to actually visit it…at all different hours and dates. It’s a big, busy city, and it’ll show you different faces depending on context.

• I live in Edgewater, Gregg. It’s nice, relatively quiet, close to the lake, and you can jump on the El right at the Red Line, which runs 24 hours.

4. Hey dude, just wanted to say that I’m a new follower and so far, a big fan of what you are doing here at greyscale and of your work. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, tips, and tricks. As an arpiring editor and motion designer, I’m always on the prowl for new stuff and new sites to learn from. Cheers from Rochester, NY

5. Just want to wish you a safe trip and thank you for all of your help. Good luck with the move and use this time to declutter your life!

I too am staying pretty busy with the new web show at http://www.cyclenow.us. I know that you ride a bike and I hope that something we post can help you the way you’ve helped us.

Thanks again for everything my friend!

• Cool. UV is a nice area. I’m smack in between Humboldt and Wicker Park myself. The strip along Division from Western going east has tons of great restaurants and boutiques. Hope you enjoy the area.

6. Bobby

alright then, try to have fun with getting settled… catch you when we can..

7. Hi Nick,

Will you be doing an MTV cribs of your old place before to move out??

Happy moving, if their is every a thing.

Jat

8. Just when you start to get 91 comments on a post you take time off.. you are destroying these people.

• Bobby

chillax dude, nick said he’d post some stuff every now-and-then…

besides he’s moving… i think he deserves some time to focus on those matters…

9. dudewithhair

Aaaw, i loved the washingmachine in the background…

• Mainly, we needed more space. I needed an office to do all these videos in, and Alexia was missing having hallways. All one room is great in theory, but with two busy people that stay home a lot, It’s not ideal. I will do a tour of the new place when we have it all set up.

• ok – the hallway thing sounds funny at first – but it makes sense that it sucks if everybody is right in the middle of everything when you open the door :)

10. Tiffany

You’ll have to give us a tour of the new apt when you move in :) Happy moving!