X-PARTICLES: millions of particles, fast render times

ShakeItPhoto Version 1.1 Update 34 Comments

I’m really excited to announce that the new ShakeItPhoto V1.1 was just approved and is for sale at the Apple Store. The new version allows you to process existing photos in your camera roll though the application. Also, You can shoot as fast as you need with the new multi-threading technology. No waiting and shaking if you don’t want to. iPod Touch users can also now use ShakeItPhoto. Of course, the cropping issue on the 3GS was fixed as well as some other small wiggles and bumps.

Please upgrade if you have the original or for darn sakes, if you haven’t bought it yet, please do at the Apple App Store. I would love to hear your feedback on the new verson. Please leave a comment at the iTunes store for the new version and drop me some words or your ShakeItPhotos in the comments as well.

ShakeItPhoto Sites
Photo Shake Down

ShakeItPhoto Facebook Fan Page

Flickr Best Of ShakeItPhoto Page

ShakeItPhoto.com

The camera poster in the video is out of print, but you can get a poster from Rod Hunting and other great artists at the Post Family Shop.

Close Up Bulbs
shakeitphotoquadshot

Multiple Shot
shakeitphotoquadshot2

• Really excited about the update.. have been having a lot more fun with my photos as of late..

what was your involvement in this project btw?

1. Off topic :) I like the camera poster, is there any online store, where is posible to buy one?

2. Brett

I would love to see a version where the iPhone/Touch screen is completely blank while taking a photo. Shaking the device to reveal the photo becomes even more like the polaroid experience… and adds back that touch of serendipity you can’t get with an active screen.

3. Been watching your tutorials for a couple months now, and didn’t know you had an iPhone photo app…. so I just bought it.

Very fun to play with! Keep up the great work.

4. Out of the ridiculous number of app’s I’ve installed on my phone, the only I use consistently is Shake It Photo.

Every so often I watch a photo develop and the colors look perfect and I tense up hoping that it is done ‘developing’ only to see to it keep going. Half the fun.

My ‘polaroid’ gallery: http://giantsquidindustries.com/blog/polaroid-gallery/

5. Hi,

I have already purchased the application, now I want to upgrade..unfortunately I cant find the link for the update…only the buying link…what do I do? how to I update my software

6. hi

I have found the solution…all is ok…I am already the upgrade to this great application…

7. maybe i’m just really dense, but why do you need to shake a photo? what exactly is the app doing other than cropping it down?

8. I have a question.. when you use a existing photo from your album and you use it in shakeit photo does it replace that photo or create a extra one thats polarized? the reason is i don’t want “destructive editing” done on my already taken pics i like

9. I know it’s not the right topic and i apologize, but here it goes:
    Can someone help me find C4D workspace layout that Nick have? I know there is a link and I’ve been busting my ass to find it, but I just can’t..

10. NastyJames

Hey Nick, you should make it so you can draw on the photo as it develops, like a real polaroid. Probably some pretty difficult coding tho.

11. Hi,

I have a suggestion to make…since the i shake photo app is getting so popular…let’s make a weekly contest out of it…rules could basically be same as for the animation projects…you choose a theme and we are sending a photo per person….every 2 week you pick up a winner…this way people concentrate on getting amazing shots…they win prizes….your site gets buisier…galleries are filled with good shots…apple sells more applications…and the world is a nicier place to live…what do you say? to shake or not to shake contest?

• Thanks for the suggestion Cckid. We are working on something similar to this right now actually. I am trying to build a five second projects type site for photography and video and everything. Should be fun. Stay tuned!

12. Love the app! Finally a reason to bother with the camera on my 3G.

A couple of suggestions for the next version:

1. I love the square format but give the option of having the extra bit of white border on the bottom edge like real polaroids.

2. An in app link to photoshakedown.com

Keep up the great work.

13. Craig

Love your website and all the work you put into so I thought i’d help a little by getting your app, it really fun to use!

14. “…process existing photos in your camera roll though the application.”
    I always thought it’s thRough.