Where Did The Reflection Channel Go In R16?

5SP “Circles and Spheres” Midpoint 25 Comments

Here are just a few of the great entries in the “Circles and Spheres” Five Second Project so far. Don’t forget to submit your own five second project here.

1. Holy crap those are all so good. I really like the first and second one. The first one sort of reminds me of the old Playstation splash start-up.

2. Wow! These are incredible! Some of the best 5 second project entries i’ve seen so far. Has there been any good entries in the Photography category?

3. DUDE!! That first one has some epic lighting and glows – so cool. The rest really nice too. How do make those semi circles “sweep on” like they do in the 4th one?

• Ah! A couple of mins in c4d and i managed to figure it out, Is it a “Disc” shape simply sliced?

4. Dave Palestine

1. Those are all really good.
    2. I really need a better computer to render this 3D stuff.

5. Gavino

Where do you guys get your audio/soundfx for these clips?

6. timekeeper

Is this the 5 second project or the 12 second project or the 8 second project? seems unfair for those who stick to the 5 to be compared to those who haven’t figured out how to make a 150 frame comp in after effects. imho.

• Yeah, I do wish people would stick more to five seconds. But, I think that everyone has the right spirit so far.

7. Is it just me or the 5 second projects quality is getting way better with each one? It´s getting intimidating hehe

8. Olive

The first one is simply awsome. I would love to know the designers did those lovely shape that circules around the sphere ;)

• I agree. First one is my fav the result is pretty flashy and spectacular. Bravo! Aaand it would be extremely kind of the author to show us the way he did it.

• I’ve added the C4D scene if you look in Vimeo.
        It´s very simple.
        The rest is done in After Effects – the project file I haven’t shared: The ingredients are mainly 32bit colour depth, Trapcode Particular 2, a knoll lighfactory lensflare which position is linked to a spotlight in the back via the compTo expression, two copies of a fractal noise layer three copies of the sphere rendered out from C4d treated with glow and paintbuckets and fastblur to fade in with the background.
        Hope that gives some clues!

9. andrea

classic cinema 4D thing.. just spheres :-)
    it’s like the teapot for 3dsmax users!

10. Great information. Lucky me I recently found your website by accident (stumbleupon). I have book-marked it for later!