Greyscalegorilla Mail

“Start With A Photo” Winners and Honorable Mentions 28 Comments

Winner

Congratulations to Daniel Coutinho. He is the winner of the “Start With A Photo” Five Second Project. Thanks to everyone that participated. Great turnout and great work!

Honorable Mentions

1. kwakka

Congratulations to winners! Lot’s of great works this time.

2. Bubunya

Gratz!
    Lots of cool projects, was really enjoyed to watch all of them :O)

Btw, Nick, I think you should change some rules. I mean 5 seconds is 5 seconds. Not 4, not 6 or even more. Five. Period.
    We should be able to fit (or should I say squeeze?) our ideas into exact 5 seconds.
    Best benefit from it – feel of timing and ability to plan.
    Otherwise you should call it not a “5 sec” but “Weekly cool shit” :O)

But once again its just a my point of view :O)

• Yeah, I agree. I think things will get more strict as we move on. It’s not hard to set up a comp that is 5 seconds. Look for stricter rules for the next theme.

• yeah rules are rules, I agree too, just this time for me wasn’t enough 5 sec. my next one will be 5 sec exactly!

anyway thanks nick for the recognition! and for the comments from everyone. tkns !!! :)

3. Daniel

Thanks everyone for the comments, I’m really glad my project was selected! “5 Sec. Projects” is a great motivation for us to keep learning and improving our skills. Thanks Nick for the recognition.

4. Brad Backofen

This was easily my favorite batch of videos from the 5 second projects. The caliber of work on display here is just incredible. Keep it up!

• yeah that one is nice, but sometimes with things like these, even great ones don’t make the cut.

• Onskin’s work is frikkin’ great, with or without a mention. no one can deny it :]
      much respect, my friend!
      And lotsa respect to all the talented people who donated their 5sec version. this round was Really alot of fun!
      see u around..! :D

• Fresh

Yeah I agree, this stuff is the best but it’s not here :( but Congrats to all

• Your so right. With so many entries, it’s easy to overlook great pieces. Nice work from onskin indeed.

5. Man I’m impressed with these. It’s hard to compete with such skillful work.. but I guess it inspires the rest of us to strive to be better.

• Hunter

Ha Scott, didnt know we read the same sites.

These are all really cool. Inspires me to learn after effects.

6. An amazing group of creatives in this set! We really enjoyed what everyone was doing! Thanks for the positive vibes! Props to everyone!

7. Daniele

Congratulations Daniel and everyone else! Great 5SP!

8. Lol! There are great works. How did upside down tracked so perfectly the stroke with the camera movement?

9. torsum khan

hey there!!!!i live in Pakistan…i may be one of your biggest fan out here…really.im just an amateur photographer who cant even afford to buy a dslr and still using a film camera…i soooo want ure “photoshop for photographers” just to see how u do it…but sorry cant afford it cuz im studying on scholarship and its hard for me to spend that amount of money..maybe some time in the future…plz plz plz pllllllllzzz can u post these tutorilas on ure site for free so that people like me can learn from them

• Thanks Torsum. Sorry, I have to keep the site going somehow, and products are going to be the way. Buying products ensures that I continue to keep doing the free stuff and that the site stays up. There is a lot of traffic and bandwidth to pay for. I have to charge for something. I hope you understand. Thanks for watching.