4 Free R16 Scene Files

5 Rules for Five Second Projects 13 Comments

Official Rules
1. Submissions must be five seconds long!
2. Only animation is accepted. Video only submissions will not.
3. The animations has to do with the theme in some way.
4. Original Work only. Don’t cut out 5 seconds of already made work.
5. Link back to GSG on your Vimeo Post

1. Thanks for saying that! Most work, unless it’s text-based, should be strong enough to convey the theme.

2. Hi Nick,

When you say “less than five seconds” it seems as the videos can only be 1, 2, 3 and 4 seconds long.. leaving out the ones that are 5 seconds long, and that´s the name of the projects hehe,or did I get it wrong?

3. Never mind, I was still listening to the video when I posted that… a few seconds later you clarified that.

4. I know the animation should be 5 seconds – but does the vimeo post itself have to be 5 seconds? Alot of the short vimeo posts I have seen seem to get lopped off at the end, not to mention the annoying playback controls overlay. I prefer a second or two of black so people can get settled in their seats, get popcorn, etc. before the show starts. Thoughts?

5. Nick laying down the law.

@Chase, I think it’s fine if it was just 1 or 2 seconds of black with 5 seconds of actual animation.

Nick you also seem to have some html/CSS issue with your side bar. It’s on the bottom on the main page. It screws up the whole design. It looks fine when you click on the posts though.

6. The last winning submission was over 5 seconds long. Sending some mixed messages there Nick.

7. I think it would be a good idea to let people freeze the last frame of the 5 second animation without any sound, so we dont suffer from being cropped or having to insert the ugly creppy black after the video… just thinking out loud.

8. Mariah

Can animations be submitted up until 11:59 EST on the date it is due?