X-PARTICLES: millions of particles, fast render times

AENY Meet-up tonight. Come say hi! 33 Comments

UPDATE: Thanks to everyone who came out to see me. It was great to meet all of you in person, too. I had a blast!!! The tutorial went well and it should be up online early next week. I really want to thank Paul Babb from Maxon, Aharon Rabinowitz, and Jim Geduldick for having me. I really appreciate it. Thanks again!!

If your in New York tonight, stop by the AENY meet-up and say hi. I will be doing a tutorial on how to model, animate, prepare and render a quick scene to composite in After Effects. There will also be a quick Q&A afterwords. I would love to meet some of you in NYC. Hope to see you there!

Transform

1. Robert goes

Hay can you screen-cast the tutorial so you can post it on your site? Sadly I’m on the other side of the country

2. Please, please, please let it be recorded :) sadly i’m on the other side of the world :(

• nick i’ll pay you to record the ane meeting with push that button clicks. Ill give you a thousand clicks:) wait a minute, can I pay for your photoshop tutorials that way to ? :) ;)

3. Fouko

Hi,
    I’m joining Naim and Robert for the request, record it please.
    I have already offered 100 clicks ;)
    I’m sure you can do this for us… You are the Gorilla

4. VancouverMan

Have a blast, Nick… you are the king of digital networking! ;)

5. joanne

hope you have a good time there. remember to get some rest and looking forward to a more refreshed you.
    random; [presses f5 a few times]

6. David Kwasnik

I just came back from the meeting!! it was cool, and fun.

7. Tony Oswald

Can honestly say I had a blast tonight!
    On the spot problem solving with You, Aarhon, Maxon dude and several other prominent members of the AE NY community was a privilege to see.

Come back real soon.

8. Chris

Nick, had a great time at the After effects meeting tonight, thanks for stopping by! was great to actually meet you in person. looking forward to more of your tutorials! thanks for being so helpful and nice

9. Enjoyed your presentation last night, and it looked like you did too. Maybe now I have the kick I needed to start doing your 5-second projects!

10. Robert goes

Hay do you know if you can do a really advanced tutorial like doing a Whole motion graphics piece from start to finish? kinda like your photoshop tutorial on the design process.

11. Just wanted to say had a great time at the AENY meeting, and it was a big turnout than usual, thanks for bringing the audience involved in the process! I thought that was great and definitely showed me that even professionals run into the same problem solving issues we all do!
    thanks!

12. nice to meet youat AENY. you are very tall in really life. I only saw part of the presentation. looking forward for the online video.

13. Hi Nick!!! 2bad i´m not around America to visit some of your live classes ;( But, anyway, hope You guyz had fun and greating from Croatia!!

14. Just want to thank Nick (for coming out) and doing an awesome job, Paul Babb from Maxon (for Sponsoring Nick’s trip), and most of all, my AENY artner Jim Geduldick (http://finalcutuser.com)who really keeps the group running and orchestrates all of the technical setup.

15. Dang Nick. Wish i could have made it. I live in Greenpoint Brooklyn and would have loved to make it. Big fan of yours.

16. 1000 Clicks… :)
    Thank you for all the hard work and tutorials, its made a substantial impact on my 3d skills.

17. Hey man! You ever gonna do something like this downtown? I’d love to meet you man!