Where Did The Reflection Channel Go In R16?

Happy Holidays from Greyscalegorilla 87 Comments

Wow, this year has been very exciting for me and Greyscalegorilla. I really love the community that has grown. I’m so glad to have all of you as readers of Greyscalegorilla. This community wouldn’t be what it is without you. Thank you!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year from Greyscalegorilla!

1. thanks for sharing in a industry that likes to keep secrets. i know its made my job easier reading some of your articles and “cool shit” as you put it.

have a good new year and look forward to reading/watching/hearing more in 20’10.

!

2. Happy holidays to you aswell :) and thanks for all the work you put into this blog.

3. Bearpig

Seasons greetings back atcha Nick. Thanks for creating 2 of my ‘check-each-day’ websites!

4. Grant_A

Thanks for all the great content this year Nick! Keep on keepin’ on!

5. I’ve been allot more creative since I found this site. And it was via facebook that one of my tutors back at uni had posted an image of your showreel rules. Now I check greyscalegorilla everyday, hopefully I will be able to do that in 2010 as well :)

Cheers, and happy holidays from Norway. (Or “God Jul” as we say..)

6. Beautiful Christmas Card Nick. Much much better than an e-card. Congrats on all the success of GSG. You’ve built something really powerful over the year! Here’s to 2010!!

7. Eric Salazar

So freshhhh! Thanks for the inspiration Nick! I attended MGfest chicago ’09 and was inspired by your great presentation and have been following the blog all year. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Keep on rockin it!

8. Jeremy Green

Merry Christmas! I check this site everyday to get inspiration since I found it a few months ago. Thanks for all the hard work you put into it. As someone who has a lot learn but still must make a living, I find stuff here I can use in my work almost everyday.

9. Marko Srdoc

You have all reasons to be proud with this community… keep going
    Happy holidays!

10. I suspect you would make a movie for Xmas’s hollydays, it’s beautiful Nick !!
    Happy Holidays to the community, stay around all !!

11. Hi Gorilla !!

Thnx to you to share your time and knowledge with us. I’m really exited with every tutorial!!!

Happy Holidays from Hove . Barcelona (Spain)

12. Happy Holidays!

Just one question:
    The footage of the snow puffs and icy transition, where do you get those kinds of stuff?

• The snow is Particular. And the icy transition is made by filming an ice sheet melting. You can make one by taking a baking sheet full of water, freezing it, and doing stop motion of it melting.

Hope that helps.

• Great tip right there! I love it when people use live elements aswell as CG stuff, there’s a great site somewhere called ‘analogue motion graphics’ or something. I liked that film grain that you made as well. Top stuff.

13. Shouldn’t you have done a 5sec holiday animation huh Nick?? hehe ;-)

Merry Christmas thx for everything man! :D
    And to everyone else too!!

14. VancouverMan

Happy Holidays everyone. Be safe out there when driving to friends and family’s places for the holiday! Nick thanks for the many interesting and engaging tutorials on C4D and AE. Looking forward to some great new stuff in 2010. Cheers!

15. Galen

great piece! where was the music from? really went well with the animation look/feel.

16. Yes, great piece. Congratulations for this exciting year. I wish you all a 2010 full of motion

17. loved the short. kinda saw how the different techniques used in it are all found in tutorials on this site :P

merry christmas!

18. Kiloski

I feel as though a nice Christmas present would be the handy scene file for that project to mess around with over the holidays :D
    great stuff Nick

19. Thanks Nick for sharing so much information with us ! I’m looking forward to see your 2010 stuff.

Nice motion piece and proper lighting !

Merry christmass !

20. dogimo

Merry Xmas to you and wish you and you’re family the best. thx for this great year of sharing and inspirations.

21. hey thanks nick for all your tutorials, you’ve teached me almost everything I know in C4D! So I really owe you, i think we all do XD

Merry Christmas and Holidays and New Year and etc etc for you too!!

BTW, hhow do you get those spheres to stop at the top of the tree?

bye!!

• Thanks, Fede. I had to carefully place my attractors so that the whole tree was full of bulbs. It took three different attractors at three different values. But, I got it to work.

Cheers,
      Nick

22. wtf_cakes

Happy holidays to you too Nick. Keep on truckin’!

23. GEMEO

Bom Natal e um Feliz Ano Novo de Portugal – In English means: Merry Christmas and happy New Year From Portugal.

Thanks for the inspiration.

24. Yeah! Happy Holidays, Nick! Thanks for all the hard work you’ve put into this wonderful site. Wishing you the best in 2010!

25. Wilson Filho

It’s always good to come here and watch your cool stuffs! Keep sharing!

Cheers from Brazil!

• I is wrong too. Actually, It’s Greyscalegorilla and ME! My gf told me the rule. You should be able to take out the other people and still have the sentence make sense. So it would be “Wow, this year has been very exciting for me.”

26. Very Cool! Thanks Nic, I hope you have a great christmas and new year!

All the best

Lawrence

27. Josh Petersen

dude, happy freakin holidays to you too. cant thank you enough for all the killer knowledge you share.

-Parks.

28. Hey Nick! Thanks for all the knowledge dropped on us and looking forward to how we all improve together in the coming year!

Happy Holidays!

29. andyweak

Merry Christmas Nick! You’ve been a great inspiration this past year. Appreciate your hard work. Looking forward to seeing more in the new year.

30. OnBoard

Hey Nick !

Thank you for all your videos, all your tips, all your work for us !

Your blog is now a major one in the motiongraphic community !

Again thank you, and Merry Christmas and happy new year !

Merci !

OnBoard (from Strasbourg in France)

31. sjoerdwijn

Hee nick and everybody!
    All the best wishes for 2010 and a merry christmas. Thank you nick for creating this community and thnx to everybody who made cool stuff for the 5sec project!!
    greetings Sjoerd

32. Nick – 2010 can you promise to keep making cool shit? lol :) Happy Holidays!

33. Merry Christmas Nick! I stumbled across the site this year and it has really made an impact on me creatively. Thanks for doing what you do everyday. If the spirit of Christmas is about giving and helping fellow man, you my friend, are Father Christmas…

34. Man, I really appreciate the work that you have been doing for the motion graphics community. THANK YOU for the generosity of sharing the your findings and knowledge, and introduce cinema 4D and Mograph to sooo many people. Happy Holidays, Nick!

*Ps: in case you want to translate your videos or posts to portuguese, just let me know (I am brazilian) – I will be more than glad to help.

35. Hi Nick! All the best for 2010 for you, thanks for inspiring me in 2009!
    Make sure to mention the new 3DOcean envato site here, people can make some money selling stuff and spend some of there stock revenues on buying some coolshit.

Here’s an example of something i’ve learned from you and am now selling on the ocean…

thanx!

36. giantsquid

cheers mate for all the great tuts…
    happy christmas
    look forward to more cool shit in 2010

37. You are the Man! Nick.
    I have a question and sorry for posting it here.
    you wouldn’t mind telling me which web hosting company hosts Greyscalegorilla. com.
    I’m planning to start a site.you are my mentor Bro.

Have a Grey X-mas and Gorilla New year!

38. Happy holidays Nick. Thank you for all the great content you have provided throughout the year. I’m looking forward to 2010 and learning more from GSG.

And of course, a wonderful animation for Xmas, with a lovely song choice.

39. Nick,
    Sending along warm thoughts and the best wishes for a blessed Christmas Hoilday and a terrific New Year. Good on you.
    Thanks for all the incredible content all year long.
    You are a player.

40. Xavier

Thanks to you! Love the site and the tutorials, awesome work keep it coming on 2010.
    All the best for 2010, 11, 12, 13 oops sorry the world is ending in 12 haha, you get the point.

41. thanks man-gorilla, just as in one of the comments here, in an industry full of secrets, you just explain everything in a plane and simple way, but most of all you encourage people to do nice stuff. thanks again. keep going please!
    juanco from argentina.

42. *Lifts beer* Cheers to you man for all your hard work and inspiration this year. Thank you.
    Merry Christmas Nick and Alexia!

43. Merry Christmas, Nick!
    Must the next year be just as exciting and fun, both for you and us on the other side of your camera =D

44. Merry Christmas from Venezuela!
    Thanks Nick for making this great site and sharing all your knowledge, passion and encouraging thoughts. This is one of the best websites I have discovered this year. Very nice video!, Cheers and happy Holidays.

45. Terry Montgomery

Thank for a good year of tutorials. Your tutorials have help me to grow and gain Knowledge. Composites that used to be difficult are now simple. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I’ll be looking forward to more tutorial in 2010.
    The Gorilla Rules

46. Happy Holidays to Nick and the rest of the fine people who contribute to GreyScaleGorilla!
    Here’s hoping for the best in the coming New Year! Let’s all make some Cool S**t!

47. Rodney

WE NEED A NEW POST!!!!!! ITS BEEN 9 DAYS!

Btw, Happy Holidays Nick.

48. MEHMET KUTLAY DEDE

HERE IS MY NEW YEAR CELEBRATION MADE WITH CINEMA 4D…
    HOPE YOU ALL A HAPPY NEW YEAR…

49. Olukayode

Hi Nick, i know this is kinda coming in late but do you mind telling me how were to achieve the ribbon on top of the boxes i tried creating the line in illustrator but when it gets to C4D i see breaks among the lines please help

50. Hey Nick, how did you manage to make this in a cone? I’ve download this greyscalegorilla.com/?blog/?2009/?10/?mograph-2-attractor-project-file-download/?
    I change the sphere in to a cone but i still have a sphere attractor.
    Need to change the falloff of the attractor to a cone or something? Thnks in advance..

51. derry

i wish you make a tutorial from this animation i really love it..

note: sorry for my bad english

52. Hello there! I just want to offer you a huge thumbs up for the excellent information you have got right here on this post. I am coming back to your website for more soon.