Where Did The Reflection Channel Go In R16?

What’s New In Adobe After Effects CS5 23 Comments

Check out some of the new features in Adobe After Effects CS5. I can’t wait to see this in action at the adobe booth. I’m really excited to use AE in 64 bit mode and finally do full-rez HD ram previews for longer than a few seconds. Stay tuned to my twitter feed where I will be talking about what I see on the NAB floor and at the Adobe booth as it happens. Oh, and If your at NAB, don’t forget to stop by the Maxon booth in lower south hall and say hi. My presentation schedule is…

Monday: 9:30AM
Tuesday: 1:30PM
Wednesday: 12:30PM
Thursday: 9:30AM

Hope to see you there.

1. Hi !
    I’m using Nucleo Pro for now to solve some AFX CS4 limitations… The CS5 seems to be real different… Wait and see !

• Yes, Nucleo rules. I am not sure If CS5 will have much more benefits as a good configured machine wit AE CS3+nucleo pro…

2. OMG!! That looks just awesome, I’m not even sure if I’ve harvested all the benefits of CS4.. That freeform has been added is just excellent. Not that I’ve used it but it seems like an effect that is indispensable..

3. luciano

did you check out the ROTO paint tool?. i hope its as good as it seems :D

4. rich nosworthy

I’d be amazed if roto brush works aswell as they’ve shown it, even in their demo thats got a lot of fine edges to deal with. Freeform looks cool, been wanting to warp things in 3d for a while in ae

5. Mister SIV

Hi Nick, if you can make a live rec it will be great ! thanks.

6. Nick now you can max out you ram since it’ll make use of it. All 32 gigs or whatever your mac pro maxes at.

Since, we now know the price of cs5, how much is the upgrade price for the 64 bit trapcode suite?

7. But will the AE CS5 be 64bit also for MAC? I though it was just for windows. That’s a great new!

8. crispin

NEW,NEW,NEW….bla,bla,bla
    Quarenteed not to improve your creativity
    just your wigets!

9. Onni Johansson

Oh damn.
    Just when I got comfy with CS4, now they’ve done it again and I feel compelled to spend a huge amount of money all over again…
    Oh well, tuna fish is nice with pasta, I guess. For the umpteenth time this year ;)

10. Hi Nick, I think you would be interested to see this video http://vimeo.com/8691593. I would like to know how fabric in the background look cool like this. I am sure you will not miss the opportunity to tell us all how to do it. By the way this TV video from the city of Odessa which is located in Ukraine, where I live. So we too have something to brag)
    Thank you in advance and apologize for machine translation.
    P.S.
    I appeal to people who write comments here. I can not find how to send Nick a message personally. If someone can help me with this I would appreciate it.

11. suraj es

too bad After Effects CS5 doesn’t support GPU acceleration via the Mercury Playback engine like Premier Pro ..It would become super fast if it could support GPU power!

12. A bit of a tangent – but I would just like to give a shout out to my dad, Robert Fleet – who is the guy they’re using the roto-tool on in the example :)