Greyscalegorilla Mail

Winners for “Straight Lines Only” Five Second Projects 33 Comments

Winner

Wow! With over 200 entries, this Five Second Project has become the most entered Project to date! With all those great entries, it was also the hardest to judge. After much deliberation, I think this spot by joshua catalano, with it’s 8 bit style transitions and lovely “straight” logo shows great variation in technique and does the most with the limitations. Want more straight line entries? Don’t forget to check out the great honorable mentions below or watch all the entries at the Five Second Project Archive.

A special thanks goes out to Neal Carroll who managed all the entries and kept this project running. This wouldn’t happen without his help… High Five! Hopefully, with Neal’s help, we can keep the frequency of these projects more consistent.

Honorable Mentions

1. Congratulation on the win Joshua! It’s an awesome entry. Also amazing work from everyone! Looking forward to making another one.

2. great work everyone, I was amazed at how much creation was unraveled from one simple proposition!

This new generation is that of the creator :)

3. congrats joshua!

man there were a lot of awesome entries, my goal for the future is to make it to the “honorable mentions” section ;)

4. WOW! Joshua Catalano! That was totally SICK!! *Blown away**
    Fantastic.

Nick would you allow a guest tutorial for Joshua to explain how he made it? :)

5. OnBoard

Yeah !
    I’m so proud to be in the “honorable mentions” section !
    I was wondering why my stats on vimeo were going crazy… now i know why…
    Thanks again Nick !
    And i can’t wait for the next 5SP !

6. I didn’t have time this time :( – finally got the first hand opportunity to work for a company when I still have to start as a student.

Good job everyone and congrats to the winner.

Oh, and I personally loved the last one the most!

7. Argh I had no time, ha. Been working on a massive hand drawn project and lost the past 2 months to it. Congrats to everyone in the list and especially to Joshua. Should have time for the next one..

8. Greivin Jimenez

Congratulations Joshua. It is a supreme entry. It Deserved to win. See you guys in the next one.

9. Excellent entries!!

More than 200…. that’s a succes for the contest.

Congrats to the winner really great compo

10. this blog is awesome! I missed the most recent “reverse” project….just checking out the past projects and decided to give this one a shot.

Be warned…it’s quite sexual! :)