What Version Of Cinema 4D Should You Get?

My New Guru Presets for Red Giant: Vintage Film For Looks 77 Comments

I’m so happy to announce my first GURU pack for red giant called “Nick Campbell’s Vintage Film for Looks.” Based off the vintage feel of my iPhone apps, these presets were made to add timeless tone and instant vintage color correction to your projects or photos. What’s really cool, is that these presets work anywhere Magic Bullet works including After Effects, Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro. Check out the links below to see all of the presets in action and a quick video I made to show you how to use the Presets with 3D renders. I’m so excited to see this finally out. I have been working on it for a while now and it’s so great to finally be able to share it with you guys.

Check Out All of the Presets

Play

1. esimov

Nick,
    what is the technique to make a plugin for AE or C4D. You need some programming knowledge? Just for curiosity…

• These are presets that are used with the Magic Bullet Looks Plugin that Stu Maschwitz and Red Giant created. I used their plugin to create custom presets.

2. trés beau, magnifique, i do the same experience with, lightroom and after effects, i export my movie in tif f pr jpg format and a affect in lightroom a preset, and a import the result in after effects , the process is longer.

3. Feels so weird seeing a video of you without the vimeo timeline..
    Product looks great and I’m glad to see some new videos on the site :)

4. Nice one, looks great!! i have the iphone app and was going to mail you to see if you was ever planning a version for photoshop or after effects……Result!

5. I knew there was a reason for a lack of posts! I’ll be buying this for sure!

6. Aidan

Fantastic work Nick. Your work never fails to impress me. Keep it up ;)

7. Gunnar refardt

dear nick,
    i understand that its a great thing for you to get hooked up with red giant and all, but on the other hand i’m also disappointed because this preset stuff is really against the spirit of those trial and error / DIY – tuts i enjoyed so much.

and btw… more after effects and not only cinema4d 2 afx with curves on an adjustment layer, please?

• I’m with ya, Gunnar. Presets aren’t for everybody. Think about it like this… Some people have the time to do trial and error all day and make custom work from scratch every time. Presets aren’t for them. Some people however, are on a deadline and need it to look good NOW with no muss and no fuss. For those people, presets get the job done, make the client happy, and get them paid.

• Gunnar refardt

on the other hand: MBLooks is great to tear those presets apart and see what you did to achieve these looks.

will you do some more specific after effects tuts in future?
      you know, 3d is just 1 dimension too much for me! :)

• hehe. I hope to eventually get back into some AE tutorials. Cinema is just so fun to play with and learn right now.

• The great thing about Magic Bullet presets is that you can add a look to your image and edit that look to your liking. I usually use it to point me into the right direction I want to go, then tweak it accordingly! works great!

8. You seem to be cornering the market on the next wave of getting analog on digital. I look forward to seeing how you take this further into mobile perhaps.
    Well done. I use both phone apps to an obnoxious degree, btw.

9. I’m curious, does this add any new content to looks suite, or is it just your configured settings? Either way the preview video looks pretty sweet – good job nick

• No new content except for the After Effects Templates that are included. The Looks are special presets that I made just for the package.

10. Congrats Nick! I’ve been following your site for awhile and it’s very inspiring to see your success grow.

11. mediengestalt

My workdays would be missing something without Greyscalegorilla and the great tutorials, plugins and all the input.
    Thank you, Nick!

12. Hmm… What so special about it? I don’t understand theese kind of presets :)

Love your other work though, keep rocking.

13. anthonyc

everytime i used Cross Process i would think to myself…”man if they could make video look like this i’d be happy as hell!”

and here it is! Thanks!

14. andyweak

Nice Nick!! You just keep moving forward. Good luck with your new product!!

15. John Smith

This looks great. I love the way you demonstrated these presets. Having them change and pulse in time with the music at the end was particularly effective. It’s also a great track. Who’s it by?

Keep up the great work!

16. Trevor Williams

Looks great! I think that I am going to have to invest in this. Thanks for the great plugins Gorilla! Please keep them coming.

17. eric hinson

Great work once again, Nick. This package looks sick. Nice meeting you at Siggraph.

18. i was just about to cry :)
    btw what is the songs name? its amazing

19. Thanks for sharing Nick. Looks great! I’ll be sure to pick up a copy for myself soon!

20. kondesuk

Hi, GreatGreyScaleGorilla!

Nice work, thank you!
    What the soundtrack playing?

Nice to meet you!

21. Nathan

Is there anyway you will ever just sell the photoshop filters? I don’t do anything with After Effects.

If you sold a package just for photoshop, I’d be all over it.

• You may want to check out Magic Bullet Photo Looks. It is made just for photoshop. It may be just what you are looking for.

22. Nick, just wanted to say I purchased the presets, and I LOVE THEM! It’s so much fun! Thanks for the great products, as usual! I can’t wait to see what you make next! Thanks!

23. Christoph

It’s amazing. i love your works.
    the music in the video is great.
    How call it?

24. Kathy L

Hi Nick – I purchased these presets today but I can’t seen to find any of the frames. Am I doing something wrong? There are 36 presets but no vintage frames..
    Thanks for the help…Love all the presets

Magic Bullet Photolooks 1.1
    Photoshop CS4

25. Hi nick, were should i put the presets folder ? i’m using red giant looks for mac.

• Hi, Joni! Thanks for getting the presets. I think there are install instructions that come with it. I think there is a presets folder in your host application.

26. well, i’m using looks builder, but cant install the presets

• Hmmmm, I’m not sure that the presets work with the looks builder. Sorry i’m not up on the technical stuff. Have you tried contacting Red Giant?

27. Can I just purchase these presets without looks or do I need looks first?

28. bessam

can you please tell me the name of the music playing? thanks

29. yafa2000

Nick!! You are great teacher with pro skills
    I do respect the way you try to give something to the humanity.. Keep it up Young man!!

30. Matt Breeding

Nick I was wondering how you got you presets into the presets side bar in the MBL interface? I Have After effects Cs5 and i tried putting them into LooksBuilder>looks but when i launch MBL they aren’t there. any help?

31. Kiyanoosh

Hi..
    not sure but i’ll ask ..working for sony vegas 10?
    tx

32. For the ones who don’t know how to install?
    It’s in the manual.

copy-paste the presets folder in library/application support/LooksBuilder/looks

Thanks Nick! Your the man! Oh.. i meant, Gorilla!

33. super slim pills

I received my pills aBout two weeks ago and I’ve been using them. I’ve lost 7 pounds so far. I would suggest this product to anyone who is trying to lose fat and is having a difficult time doing so. This will give you the jump start that you need. super slim pills http://slimpomegranate.exteen.com/