4 Free R16 Scene Files

Maxon Cinema 4D Ping Pong Mixer This Wednesday in NYC at Spin 35 Comments

Come play ping pong against me an other Cinema 4D users this Wednesday, October 13th, in New York at Spin NYC. Be sure to RSVP over at the facebook page if you can make it. Hope to see you there.

1. Cool, I might come by.
    On the render, how would you get the ping pong balls to interact with the net in an organic way?

• The net was deformed with the flag deformer and then, made ridged. So, the balls don’t really interact with the net other than as a rigid body.

2. I wonder how many people are going to ask you to show us how you made that table appear…. =) well done Nick!!

On a different note… pretty proud of you man. You went from a solid job to all these personal dreams and ventures and your kicking ass!!!! Keep it rockin!

• Thanks, Lukasz. I appreciate that. Thanks for being here from almost the beginning of this stuff. Cheers!!

3. Marcel

Wow, I really would like to come and kick all your asses ;)
    But it would be an expensive trip for me. Cause I’m in Germany. Damn.

Yes, and I like to ask how you did that table tennis render, I like.

Cheerz, Marcel.

• I used two bend deformers, rotation and scale keyframes to make the table pop up. Real keyframes to the rescue.

4. Why is it always just making stuff fall from out of nowhere?

5. john blake

Awesome idea to have a meet up, I wish I lived in the area. Cool render too dude

6. awesome man as usual ! i knew u will post this ^^ because i saw a little sneak peek in the render windows in the previews tutorial ,one more thing nick i will really appreciate it if u shows us the “cartoon” table appears which makes the video even more sexier !

7. Chris Valente

I love ping Pong! and its two blocks away from my office, I’ll prob be there

8. It was real nice meeting you at the festival Nick, you are a really awesome person. I am already back in Philly and thats the same day as my moms b-day so I won’t be able to go unfortunately. Have fun man!

-miclap

9. zkaziee

why i dont live in NYC :/
    great work nick, and enjoy your day playing ;)

10. Germ Henk Blumers

Cool animation, but the music is also very nice!

11. Hi Nick,
    I like the comic, childish style of your animation. Reminds me of some Wii – Sport Animations ;) I’ve worked on a similiar project a couple of weeks ago (Table Tennis, but more dark, dramatic)
    Here is the scene, hope you like it:

12. Mathias Refshøj

While this render is awesome, and you certainly got talent Nick.

Im sure you’re just showing off with that 12 Core powerhouse to test how many spheres it can handle ^.-

13. I would really love to see a “Making OF” of this little peice, i love how the table comes in, how did you do this?

14. Hey Nick, I want to know how to do stuff like this. Any chance we’ll get some tutorials on say a complete piece like this? Also, I would love to see tuts on awesome animation like the ping pong? Thanks.