4 Free R16 Scene Files

Happy Holidays From Greyscalegorilla 121 Comments

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Everyone! I made this video card especially for you to say thanks for being a part of the Greyscalegorilla community. I really appreciate every one of you who come watch tutorials, write comments, and hang out here on this little site of mine. This place wouldn’t be what it is without you!

A HUGE thanks to all of you who have helped Greyscalegorilla over this last year. It’s been a fun one. Happy holidays to all of you. Here is to another great year of learning and fun!

Cheers,
Nick

1. Merry Christmas to you to Nick! Let’s create more beautiful animations in 2011!

Kind regards,

Joris van Nijnatten

2. MARVIN GAYE!? YAY

Awesome stuff! The snow and the gloss/glow/lught stuff was awesome. After effects?
    And how did you make that spline material with the white helix line things?

3. M.Puvan

Happy holidays Nick & to everyone….and merry christmas….Enjoy ;)

4. casperfc

Merry xmas to all

You are an inspiration to us all, Nick. And a funny guy to boot.

5. Thanks Nick! Happy holidays to you too!

And I think a ‘thank you very much’ might just be in place here: Thanks for sharing all these tips and tricks and for investing so much of your time into helping others and doing this for free!

I mean: there are a lot of sites out there that want people to pay for montlhy/yearly subscriptions and then deliver not as much tutorials as you, and way less educational.
    I can’t thank you enough for being so generous!

You rock, man! Merry christmas!

6. teto strikes back

Merry Xmas Nick!!!! (tutorial pleaseeee!! :¬P)

7. J.Sabbadini

Merry xmas to you Nick and for all the GSG fans!

8. blink creations

Thanks Nick for all you do! I look forward to seeing the tutorial for this video!! ITS A MUST! ;)

9. “Glædelig jul” as we say i denmark :)

And thx for making great products and tutorials :)

10. This has been a really good year for all of us for learning so much with your tutorials.
    You have a good Christmas and enjoy with your family and friends.

11. asymptoteell

Happy New Year, Nick. Looking forward to next year’s tuts. Thanks for making them all free. They are honestly the best out there. Good luck.

12. Don’t stop what you’re doing, Nick!

Thanks for all the tuts over the years and happy holidays!

13. MarcelMedia

Happy holidays Nick….Thanks for the FREE tutorials

14. Merry Christmas, Nick! I appreciate all of your tutorials and inspiration. My renders have improved 1000% this year thanks to you.

15. Junior

Merry Christmas and a big 2011. May everyone become way better VFX artists than they were in 2010.

16. Adam Schmisek

Merry Christmas! Thanks for creating such a killer light kit! I have a new found love for cinema because of you and your tutorials. Can’t wait for all the great stuff in 2011!
    Cheers!

17. Bruno

plz tell us what studio set and defenitions you used!

or, even better, make a tut from it!

Happy Holidays!

18. Best wishes to you too !
    Funny to see how you made the ‘happy’; I tried to make an exact copy of your result a couple months ago but with another word :p
    I never managed to get the material properly twisted, http://img692.imageshack.us/i/howto.jpg/ .
    Could you tell me how you achieved that ?

Greetings !

19. Merry Christams to you Nick and all of your fans!

Just wanted to tell you that I switched from PC to Mac mainly because of your great advertising and cinebench records and stuff like that… Yeah and also because as an entrepreneur I was able to lease it :)

I’ve used my Mac Pro (8 core 32 Gb RAM) for couple of days now and I just love the OS and the raw computer power! You rock! Thanks for lobbying!

20. Classicgamer

Merry Chrimbo to all, and a huge big big thanks to Nick.

Loved all these tutorials this year and now with the Light Kit & HDRI Studio it’s even better.

All the best for Christmas & a happy & healthy new year & a prosperous 2011!!!!

21. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you!! thanks a lot Nick, and thanks to everybody, ’cause this community really rocks :) !!

22. Joyeux Noël et bonne année,
    Merry christmas and happy new year of all folks.
    ?????? ?????? ? ??????? ???? ??????

23. Scott Melchionda

Happy Holidays to you too Nick! I’ve really stepped up my C4D game since I started visiting GSG, thanks for all that you do!

24. Happy holiday to you Nick, our favorite gorilla ;-) Have a rest and stay inspired !

25. Right back at you Nick!
    Happy “Gorilla” holidays all the way from Sweden!

26. tchsam1

“Joyeux Noel & BONNE ANNEE 2011″To Nick ,Alexia and Every one Supporting The Gorilla!!!!! Peace

27. Thomas

Happy holdidays to you and everyone else here at GSG too! Enjoy the season with family and friends, and accumulate strength for next year’s tasks :)

Thanks for all efforts, products and presentations of 2010; you’re awesome.

God jul! from Norway
    ~Thomas

28. Nelson

I discover your site this year and visit it every week. Keep up the great work Nick, really appreciate the time & effort you put on it. Feliz Navidad!!!
    …Im gonna send you some hot & shiny caribbean weather via mail. :)

29. Merry Christmas To you To, Dude i was trying to make a video before you but i kinda over complicated it, that was great, you used some image based lighting on the happy??

happy holidays

30. Merry christmas Nick!

It was an really nice year, learned a lot from you, also the products you made are very helpfull. SO HUGE respect, you deserve some hot chocolate, and a beer!

You’re more then awesome.

Thanks.

31. Merry Christmas and Flairy New Year Nick….Thank you for all your efford…and best wishes for 2011……Happy Holidays to everyone.

32. Thomas

Here’s a gift to all of you who hasn’t gotten it already; a tip I just got myself a few minutes ago.

1. Make the Correction Object [under Deformers] a child of a primitive – e.g. a Sphere or Box
    2. Select the Correction Object
    3. Use Polygon, Edge or Point tool
    4. Voila! Edit as you please, but now you have the opportunity to go back to the primitive and work its parametric values.

Great for those who enjoy working non-destructively.

For all those who knew already this might be obvious, but for us who didn’t: I find this to be a great gift – almost worthy of a 5 sec submission on it’s own :)

Have an even happier holdiday!

• Thomas

..the Render Perfect feature does not work with the Correction object as a child, though.

33. ryanroehl

If any one wants to make fancy snow flakes.. two cogwheels in a sweep nurb. A little render intensive though.

34. Japes

Happy holidays Nick! Thanks for the wonderful year of teaching us on Making cool shit and getting inspired not just on cinema4d but also in the craft of motion design and art!

35. NIck Happy Holidays and to the rest of The GSG community… thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge to the world :)

36. Merry christmas!! :) Thank you so much for all the great tutorials this year! They have helped me to get a new and exciting job!

37. Steve

Nick, enjoy the holidays, hope it gives you inspiration for a lot of tutorials in 2011. Gave it a try myself result at: http://vimeo.com/18041399. It’s in flemish (dutch) because it’s for friends and family, but my wishes go to all of you.

38. Best wishes to you Nick and to all the community around the Gorilla. It was my first (half) year with Cinema 4D and thanks to you all it’s been a great one.

Thanks again for all the nice tuts and the great products you released along this year.

39. Merry Christmas, loving the light kit pro and the blog is always a great source of inspiration. (Tutorial on how to do the ‘happy’ type ;)

Enjoy the Hols

40. Merry Christmas Nick and thanks for your insight about 3d and the creative process.
    Keep on animating
    Cheers from Portugal

41. Wstlone

Merci pour tout Nick!
    Bonnes fêtes de fin d’année à tous.
    Greetings from France

42. Jeff Osborne

Merry Christmas and a happy new year from London Nick.

God Bless

Jeff

43. Seinfeld

Merry Christmas to you Nick.

And Merry Christmas to every1 else aswell :D .

44. Billy J

Merry Christmast Nick, and a wonderfully motion graphiced New Year!

45. Merry Christmas people! lot of work for the next year!
    Feliz Navidad a todos! …and thanks so much for the daily inspiration Nick.

46. Merry Christmas people! lot of work for the next year!
    Feliz Navidad a todos! …and thanks so much for the daily inspiration Nick!

47. Drunkey

Feliz Navidad!!! Felicidades Gorilla tu sitio esta muy muy bueno!!! Gracias a ti por los tutos y que te la pases bien en estas fehcas con tu familia!!! Saludos desde Chiapas, México…

48. Jørn

Merry Christmas or as they say in Germany “Frohe Weihnachten” Nik!
    I really enjoy your tuts. Can’t wait for a new one. You have made me look into C4D more in the time I have known your site than in the whole time befor (R9)! Thank you again for those interesting, wellmade, & inspiering tutorials!

49. Thanks for a great website and a super year!
    God Jul och Gott Nytt År!

//Klas

50. Happy Holidays back to you, Nick!

To thank everyone who hired me, inspired me or just hung out with me in 2010, I made an Animated Christmas Card too!

But that’s not all! I’m making the C4D Project available for free to the online (motion) design community! With it you can take Polaroids of your own 3D models!

Check out my Free Instant Camera Kit for Cinema 4D at http://framefridge.com/871797/Instant-Camera-Kit-For-Cinema-4D

Cheers everyone!

-Nick (the other Nick)

51. Merry christmas to everyone!
    BTW; what is the song title playing in the card?

Thanks

52. alt64

It has been an awesome year.
    Marry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you guys!

53. Jimmy

Thanks for every amazing thing you brought to us,?????happy holidays in Chinese?
    Better in next year~~!

54. marcuxx

merry christmas for u and greetings from germany…i really love your tutorials…thank u so much for all the good stuff…

cheers
    marcus from weimar, germany

55. Tadej Bokan

Tnx man! Best wishes to you and all the other gorillas.

56. I got a question…
    I own both of GSG’s packs now, and I was wondering…
    Since I can get almost the same effect with the HDR’s and with the light kit studios. So how do I know which to use in certain situations? Animation? Stills? Which has the highest quality? Thanx~ Mango

• The Light Studios in the Light Kit are a bit more flexible and allow you to move the lights around if needed. However, the Studio Pack will allow for more variety and allow you to try a ton of different studios and looks in your scene. Hope that helps.

57. Are you still going to a tutorial how you animate the highlights Nick?

I always wanted to know how you do this, and even better how you would do this on a logo that is stationary and just have the highlights moving around the edges in a loop animation to boot!

58. An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a coworker who had been doing a little homework on this. And he in fact ordered me breakfast simply because I discovered it for him… lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending some time to discuss this matter here on your website.