What Version Of Cinema 4D Should You Get?

Greyscalegorilla Presenting at Chicago C4D This Wednesday January 5th 38 Comments

UPDATE: Thanks for everyone who came out to the meet-up! It was really fun to meet you guys. I especially loved all the great questions and feedback. See you at the next meet-up! Also, thanks again to Brad and Daily Planet for hosting! Cheers.

I will be presenting this Wednesday at the Chicago C4D Meet-up at Daily Planet in downtown Chicago. If you are in the Chicago Area, come stop by, say hi, and meet a bunch of other awesome Cinema 4D users.

I will be talking about how to create great lighting in Cinema 4D. Bring examples of great lighting you like and I will try to break them down and show you how to set them up in your scenes.

RSVP at the Facebook Event Page and visit ChicagoC4D for more info. Hope to see you there!

1. Edward Khoma

Thats Awesome! I wish I lived in Chicago!
    There are no C4D users in my area sadly.

2. Benjamin

Hi Nick,

is there something like a livestream or will you record it?

Cheers!

3. Classicgamer

Oh I wish I was in Chicago then, that would be great!

Really really looking forward to the City Kit

4. Man I wish I could be there. Hope to see a recording of it!!

5. Hey Nick!
    I wish I could’ve been there

I am excited about the City Kit! :)

I will also be a sneak peak of the upcoming City Kit that will hopefully be out early this year.

There seems an error out there! :P

Cheers!

6. Matt V

This sounds awesome!
    I am up by chicago, unfortunately I have classes… want to write me a doctor’s note? :P

7. Oh man, I wish I could go! I moved from Chicity to LA earlier last year. Been following your blog for a bit and just got your CrossProcess app (Rock!). Really dig your tutorials!

8. Husse

You seem to be kicking of the new year with great stuff Nick! Can’t wait for the City Kit!

9. Classicgamer

Just wondering how poly heavy will the City Kit be, it looks like a pretty dense amount of geometry in that excellent render.

Or have you got a few tricks up your sleeve with this kit Nick :)

• Cities will always have a lot of geometry no doubt. But, we have found quite a few ways to keep it as low as possible. Can’t wait to show it off!!

10. damn! i’m in chicago from the 16-24th, next year i suppose.

11. Hi, Nick! So maybe you can in any of your future tutorials try to repeat the amazing animation from Onur Senturk? I think, his NOKTA video is more beautiful, but Triangle is awesome too…

12. Wish I could be there!

Also wish I could give you a real high five for all the awesomeness but I guess a virtual one will have to do for now: Hi5!

13. vonpixel

Ahh I miss chi town. I miss the dirty warehouse parties and the awesome house music. And now im going to miss these awesome motion graphics type events too. City Kit looks interesting! Can you give us hints? Is it procedural?

14. I wish to be like you. To do things that you do for life. you and Patrick Brown too! Thanx for motivation and great professional help!

15. Damn, I’m pretty jealous about all the C4D stuff going on in your area. Not a lot of C4D action in Belgium (read: none)

Looking forward to the City Kit! Any idea when this will be ready for release? Pricing? Very excited about it!

Have fun!

• Btw: “I will also be a sneak peek of the upcoming City Kit that will hopefully be out early this year.”
      You will be a sneak peak? I know my English isn’t so good, but that sounds pretty weird. Or maybe I’m just not used to some things you guys do in America :D
      But my guess is you’re missing something in that sentence ;)

16. javier

men i whish i colud be there but i live far away in other country. thanks to u Nick i found a job doin what i like to do muchas gracias keep up the good work u are the best

17. Wait, i’ve been woefully out of touch during a huge post production stint, are you really creating some sort of city construction kit…just in time for me to need to blow up skyscrapers and have giant women trample on them? That’s crazy!