SEARCH FROM OVER 250 CINEMA 4D TUTORIALS

Inspiration: Make It Better 71 Comments

Brilliant keyframing and sound design in this piece by Clim. It also makes for a great mantra when creating your own projects. “I’m Gonna Make It Better!”

Transform

1. i thought this was all done in AE, but the artist mentioned that there was some 3D involved. I wonder how he integrated it all. It’s a beautiful piece.

• Idil –
      The very last piece of the animation was done 3D. The rest I believe was AE – if I recall correctly from his response on vimeo.

2. this type of works inspired me as much it scared me…

i so far to get this feeling with keyframe color and texture….hum…everything? :/

3. Lyubo Angelov

Very interesting :) Just like the style with which I play these days :) No GI, no cool shiny effects (The reason = slow PC :( ).

4. Very good way to illustrate the creation process.
    great animation too, thx for sharing Nick

5. bardo

any suggestion of how to do this kind of animations? is all after effects?

• i really wanna know too, im new enough to this part of filmmaking, really keen on learn how to

6. Nick, can you PLEASE do a tutorial on how to do some of these transitions. They are amazing!

• Adam -
      I was pondering how to go about such a piece earlier. My advance / process would be to create style frames first in Photoshop. Then it’s just a matter of animating from one frame to the next.

It’s too easy to stare at your computer for hours without the beginning and end figured out first.

7. Awesome. They forgot to add the bit where you show it to the client and they want your first version.

I would love to see some tutorials on some of the transitions – or maybe the transition from this (16 seconds in)

• Mike Tosetto

I would LOVE to see a tutorial on how some of these transitions are pulled off. This is such an incredible animation. Sooooooo smooth. Really puts some perspective on just how much can be pulled off with AE.

8. Amazing stuff!i allways ask my self one question when i see these kind of animation, do they animate and sync a sound on it or do they animate following an sound already made?
    by the way thanks nick for your tuts!
    cheers from SENEGAl!

9. Hey Nick I know this is kind of random for this post but I followed your directions completely and I am 12 minutes into the reflective glass tutorial http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/2010/04/reflective-and-refractive-glass-block-tutorial-part-1-cinema-4d/

and after adding the glass effect to the cube I did a render and it is not turning out right there is a white tint to the glass opposed to the black lit area on yours

Take a look at this pic and see what you think could be the issue:

http://www.Falangas.net (its on the main page)

my instincts tell me it has something to do with my default lighting or no lighting at all?

But once i lit the area it made the text black? Opposed to white

Please if possible give me your advice asap

Thanks -Nick

Btw i just bought the vintage film effects

10. What do you think this was created it? A 3D software or after effects?

11. THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!

I’m so happy to listen all this amazing comments :)

Like I said on VImeo, everything is AE until the end (from the extrude and more). AH! the liquid is AE too.

@Nick: If you need help with any tutorial contact me, it’s an honor to help.

Cheers!

• MotionMouse

what about a tutorial about ‘Make It Better (For Everbody)’ ;)

• Hey Seba,

great to see your comment here as I just saw this post and I was going to comment as I think the credits are wrong.

Nick, I think you should credit it properly as Sebastian did all the Animation the project, so I think he deserve credit in the piece.

thanks,

12. Peter

Wow! this ‘little’ piece us just amazing! My favorite so far, I think.

13. MattthedR

So sick!

Does anyone know of any tutorials showing how to do something like this?

• boriZ

This seems a lot of AE shape layers; setup in AdobeIllustrator, paths to AE shape layers; and scripting, like the ‘ease and wizz’ script from aescripts that gives automatic spring/elastic effects….

• HEY! I used the “ease and wizz” script in a few parts, the rest is by “hand”.

We’re talking with Nick about doing a tutorial, so maybe you would see some tricks I used, I’m glad to share this information.

Could be nice to know what exactly you are interest in.

(excuse me my english)

Cheers!

• ladyparts

great piece! a tut would be wonderful and not too noob-ish… good opportunity to talk about the importance of creating kick ass boards!

14. Benjamin

I also would love to see some tutorials on some of the transitions. I like it, yeah!
    Cheers!

15. Salomon

anyone an idea how he did this computer writing stuff in the beginning?
    THANKS!

16. I enjoy reading through a post that will make men and women think. Also, many thanks for permitting me to comment!