Can We Have 2 Minutes of Your Time To Watch This Video?

Introducing the GSG Free Cinema 4D Model Pack 138 Comments

So happy to announce the first version of the GSG Free Cinema 4D Model Pack. It’s a collection of models submitted by the GSG community that are copyright free and ready to be used in your project. I hope to add more and more models as they are submitted and added to the pack. Use them for fun or for your next render. Either way, I would love to see you post your renders in the comments if you end up using them. Have a model of your own to submit? Stay tuned for an official form to submit models to the pack so we can make this the best free model pack ever!!!

Download the free Model Kit Here

Examples

Download the free Model Kit Here

1. James rickards

Oh baby! Top stuff and free??!!!! Heres to the c4d community and you Nick!

2. Wow! I am really at a lost for words. You continuously go out of your way to make such an amazing community. Thank you once again. This is so awesome! And thanks to whom ever else helped with making these models too!

Cheers,

Miguel

3. John Doe

Sweet, I’ll make good use of this. Maybe I’ll see you in Denver

4. I was just thinking about LEGO models today :) Awesome.

Thank you very much Nick!

5. MAN! That is beyond AWESOME!
    Very exciting! I´d love to see what people make out of it. Oh, and James will totally love the TRON bikes HEHE!

Cheers,
    DAN

6. Thanks, C4D community wouldn’t be as it is without you. You’ll be remembered forever when C4D dominate the world…

7. tricky

Thanks to the community for this, go monkey’s! Can’t wait to play around with it!

8. Aaron

good stuff here!!! lets not use these in our reels and pawn them off as our own models guys. ;)

9. Thanx! Cool stuff. Can’t wait to use it. (with credit to the authors of course)

10. fasteddie

awesome… a tutorial to animate the lego character perhaps?

11. Great collection!thank you for sharing this stuff :)
    I love that vw!

Gorilla, you are a superhero..

cheers!

12. yann mallard

you guyz !!!

that s just sharing so much passion!! and talent!!!
    WHHhoohhhooo hoOOO!!

cheers !!

yann

• This would be best done with particular or could even be done with form. With both of these you can use a layer as the reference for the particle emitter. The trick is to work backwards. Stat with your text and then have it break up into particles and drift off. Then precomp that and when you use it just time reverse it so it goes backwards.

Search AETUTS for text/particle tutorials I know they have several good one.

• Ahron Rabinowitz did a tutorial on exactly the same thing over at RedGiantTV.

13. Dmitry

Thanks a lot to all the authors! And to Nick of course!

14. Hey nick!

Thanks for the Kit, and by the way, check out my “kit” it’s my babyyyyy ! Thanks for sharing the free kit, amazing as always. Best, Mike

15. Oh man…gorilla you are the best man i am new here i have been viewing all the tutorials for cinema 4d and after effects i will be a regular here from now onwards you have really helped me alot in learning cinema 4d i am a web designer basically by profession.

16. Benjamin Eshagpoor

Wow! This is great! If I could make a request for the next version…Monkey’s pre-rigged magazine that he showed off in the tutorial that he did for GSG. Hell…I’d even pay money for it!

17. Classicgamer

Wow, a big thanks to all involved.

Can’t wait to submit my own models, this community keeps giving & giving, great stuff.

Cheers,

John.

• LetsShowEmBad

I believe if you use the “slice” or cut tool and then just sell select all the parts at once then apply the material it should work, right. I’m new so that’s just an idea.

• LetsShowEmBad

Forgive me for the extra word in that haha… I’m still drunk from last night and now at work.

• Could you not use the Polygon Select tool and drag a new material to your selected polygons – rather than slicing the object up… Would have to be done for each panel but wouldn’t take too long.

Amazing Pack tho – Thanks so much Nick – loving seeing the gsg community growing and doing things like this! Would def be up for helping out if you needed more models!

18. Snake Plissken

Hi,
    First, thanx so much.
    Second, how do I have to do if I want to contribute and submit a model of my own ?
    Cheers.

19. Thx Nick. You’re awsome!

I have a cool idea for the lamp. Hope I will find some time to try it soon.

20. Hi Nick please explane me how u create pakcs? I want create the bilding pack (russian bildings) but i dont know how to create library pack.

21. So where skiing this wednesday? :P
    One more, Why dont you make a link to a page where there are thumbnails from each one and with a click you download the one you want?

That way you can keep adding models witch we/they offer to the grid and not really wait for the next big wave of models to make the model pack.

22. Wow! And all that for free!

Propably an airplane would be a good idea…
    ;)

• Rayne

C4D Origami 101

Go into Top Down view, drop a plane object into your scene, default size (400×400). Zero out all hight and width segments, you don’t need them. Make editable.

Scoot the lot over in X by 200 units.

Drop a Symmetry object into the scene, drop the plane_poly inside that. Basic piece of paper.

Turn off the symmetry object for now.

PolyMode: select your plane_poly. right_click>knife – cut diagonally, bottom to top. Select the new lower poly you just made:right_click>split. The selection on your original poly is still live, go to:Edit>delete. Switch to PointMode:select all. Right_click>optermise. Press OK – that deletes all stray points from your original plane_poly object. You now two adjacent polys – quick render they look like all one thing.

Select your new right-angled poly. Go into EdgeMode: select the edge adjacent to the other poly. Hold down ALT and drop a new Nul object into the scene – as you will see this will automatically make the nul a parant of the new poly.

Select the nul – You’ll find it’s bang in the centre of the new polys adjacent edge. Active the axis tool>rotate and with the shift key held down, rotate the nul’s axis 45 degrees across the Y axis.

Deactivate the axis tool, go back into object mode and with rotate still active rotate the nul in X… say about 45 degrees.

Viola – you have a piece of paper that folds in half – reactive the symmetry object, it does so across both sides.

Basically, this is how you can not only model but animate a piece of paper folding itself up into anything you like.

Drop a ClothNURBS object into the scene, drop the the symmetry and everything attached to it into that – select the clothNURBSand under Thickness give it a value of about 0.5 – your piece of paper now has thickness.

Dont’t worry – not going to drone on much further. Take far too long the walkthrough the whole process, besides it isn’t entirely perfect – but – the outlined method gives you a reasonable idea of how you could go about doing it.

To save time I’ve run up a completed scene file – help yourself, anyone who wants:

You could, of course, always use bend deformers instead of cutting everything up – It’s a method certainly worth considering – it’s just basically I find it easier with cuts, dropping the new polys into nul’s, snapping the nuls to the edges that need rotating and just aligning the axis’s so as they run in the right direction.

Once you’ve animated your rotations make a copy of the model, weld any separated points together that may have shifted slightly through the rotations and make that your hero_file. Hide its visablity during animation and then just swop out viability on the two versions.

You’ll see what I mean in the scene file.

Grab yourself a piece of paper before starting, make it in real paper first and that basically gives you you’re fold lines (you can always scan it in, drop it on as a texture – easy guide to follow)

Hope that helps someone,

R

• Rayne

.. and somewhere in that little lot there’s an italics tab without the close / on it…

Bugger. :( No preview mode.

23. Andrew

what are the copyright or legal issues. like making money off them by putting them in a movie or something?

• fasteddie

I’m guessing you can do what you like, otherwise they wouldn’t be in this pack :-D

24. Hey Nick. Thanks a lot for the free models…. but I really dont understand Y you give it away for free? so much hard work and its freeee??? Cant believe !!….Thanks again Bye

25. thank you nick. nice models and some very interesting materials to boot! have a gold star!

26. Throck

Great models, here’s a fracture test:

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/20683455[/vimeo]

27. hi nick,
    cool idea, im currently working on two models a rpg-7 and an audi r8, i would give them to you but im using 3dmax and for the mats vray. in what formats do you need the files? thx for everything

28. Wayne

I totally love your work Nick. As an aspiring C4D artist, you are totally one of my, well, actually, you are my one and only hero. I love your site, and the only reason I don’t love you is because I’m a guy, but if it weren’t for that freak of nature (on your part, you should have been a girl) I’d totally love you man. Keep up the astonshingly good work :)

29. chase

wait didnt you aleady release these models? i downloaded them like 3 weeks ago

30. chase

wait yea there must be a glitchin your site cuz i was searching on it and came across this page and downloaded theses models about 2 weeks ago, you should fix that so that ppl cant see what youll be postin

31. boiled

Thanks a lot Nick . Hope the upload button will follow soon . I´ve got a few older models i want to share .

greets
    Chris

32. I thought id never see lego people driving a vw camper. But now i have! And its all thanks to you nick!

33. This is awesome! I am working on a project and the camera is perfect. I put the VW van in this scene that I have been prototyping on. The van looks great.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

34. MikeC

The textures don;t seem to be loading, did a search for one on the computer and it found nothing. I have v10.x maybe that’s the problem?
    thanks again
    mike

35. abdel

Hi everybody.So I’m looking to get more into the 3d world . and am wondering what 3D application might suit my needs the best . I’m not looking to create ‘characters’ or do any rigging work . all i’ll create is motion graphics.
    That’s why i need to know what is the best 3D program in motion graphics,and the most important thing what is best integrated with After Effects.
    So : 3D Max,Maya,or C4D ?

36. i know that this is a bit off topic but whenever i try to render something with the hdri light kit pro this comes up —>
    CINEMA 4D
    GI Irradiance Cache File cannot be written – please check output path!
    what do i do, any suggestions ?

• Go into your render settings.
      In the GI tab there is a sub tab called ‘irradiance cache file’

This is where you can specify a location. You may find that it it trying to save to Nick’s hard drive which is causing the problem. Input a new location on your machine and you should be fine.

Rob

37. fabian

Kann den keiner hier einen satz ohne fehler schreiben! ich gehen sclafen! und vielen dank
    dafür ist echt geil!! <3

38. RAMON SANZ

Hi Nick,
    I just sent a message to JJoren Kandel. While I wait for his answer, maybe you could help me. Thanks in advance Ramon. This is the message:
    “Hi Joren,
    I am a sculptor and I am planning to start working with Cinema 4D. I want to create virtual 3D sculptures with photorealistic rendering to produce “virtual catalogues” for potential clients or agents. I also want to show these 3D virtual sculptures in Interior scenes (living rooms, dining rooms, hotels, offices, residences, all rather modern and contemporary, etc) with Cinema 4D, and create Walkthroughs to show all the possibilities to decorate with my sculptures. As I am often bussy producing real sculptures or marketing them, I have been searching for 3D interior scenes already made, to save me time, but most are for 3D Studio Max (.max files). I came across http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/store/pixel-lab-model-packs/, and it mentioned “Many of these packs come with full interiors to house your scene. Not just individual models, but full scenes ready to use any way you need.” and finally came across your web page with your packs. However, I didn’t find any containing what I need. Do you have any packs with interiors (they need to be photorealistic, all ready to use, not much time for adding colours, textures, etc, editable, so that I can insert my sculptures and create walkthroughs, and very good looking) of interiors of residential houses, offices, hotels, etc. If not, do you know of anybody, web page, etc, who has anything like it? I have found some for Cinema 4D (dosch design.com), but would like to see more to choose what suits me best. I would be very grateful if you could send me an answer as soon as possible. Obviously, I am willing to pay, as long as prices are reasonable… Thank you in advance.
    Best regards, and apologies for such a long message…
    Ramon”

39. Lillian

Nick, the Free GSG Pack for the new C4D Training (which I love — thanks) is actually this download. So the files needed for those lessons are not included.