X-PARTICLES: millions of particles, fast render times

Inspiration: Nicholas Brave 31 Comments

Credit List

Credit List

Chicago based Animator/Designer Nicholas Brave has been knocking spots out of the park lately. Be sure to check out his portfolio for more great work.

1. Great stuff! Really love that Kohort one. Not just the graphics… which are stellar… but the whole treatment and script. Made me want to sign up for a Kohort account. That’s how I know it’s good.

The lottery one is dope too.

I’m inspired. Thanks for sharing.

2. Hi Nick, do you mean, “knocking them out of the park lately?’ Thanks for the posts!

3. The first video is very, very cool! Music is perfect! Sounds like a “mars attack’s” whistle, very..”other plane style”. ;) But the second one..mm.. I didn’t like! Trivial and not so ispired. For me, I mean, respect other opinions. But I’ve seen better ;)

• Biederbeck

Agreed. The lottery one just seems like random dynamics in front of and behind people masked out on a green screen. But the Kohort is sick, nice pacing, nice type treatment, nice illustrations.

• stofe anders

Yeah, the lottery one is a little goofy, particularly with the goofy people looking a little too excited to be playing the lottery.

• Have to agree on Kohort. What I also liked beside all the things you guys already named is the voice acting. It’s a bit different and I like her alot :)

Greetings!

• If I did that lotto spot, I’d be proud of myself, because I’m not that great at 3d yet. lol. But that guy was just way too happy.

4. Lucas

I really liked how in the “Kohort” animation the cut out graphics ‘wobbled’ after the globe spin stops.

Do you guys think that is just keyframed?

or is there some kind of way using dynamics (or something) you could achieve a similar kind of physics, so when the spin is faster the ‘wobble’ is stronger and if the spin is slow they barely ‘wobble’.

I hope that makes sense!

5. René Gabarit

Kohort ? Dansih facebook ? just kidding, great job ;)

6. Andy Wheels

The Kohort one is very impressive.

I’m intrigued to know how ‘one take’ animation scenes like that are made.

If you created something like that in C4D, how would you cope with the amount of elements, complications and sheer length of the timeline? Is the ‘one take’ look just an illusion with hidden edits? I’m guessing it is. I’d would love to know the techniques to do it myself.

• Yeah, there are multiple scenes here, likely being comped together in After Effects. By combining object buffers with exported 3D data, you can really do a lot transition-wise during compositing to break things up into smaller groups of 3D renders.

This gives you much more control of each ‘scene’ and makes things easier to isolate if you need to go back into Cinema and make adjustments.

• Xhenium

Do we have a tutorial to learn the basic “Especially” the keyframing part in c4d, how you guys deal with nice ease in & out as well as the kinetic movement ?

7. Great work and good to see Donny Most getting some work of late. :)

8. I was more than happy to discover this website. I want to to thank you for your time just for this fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved as a favorite to check out new things on your site.