WHAT'S NEW IN CINEMA 4D R16

Light Kit Pro: Adidas Shoe Spot 37 Comments

Rodrigo Riedel modeled this Adidas shoe and Lit it with Greyscalegorilla’s very own Light Kit Pro.

1. amazing to see how well your doing! and seeing your products being used commercially!

2. That was so awesome it went off the end of the scale and reset to retarded. That was retarded.

3. What else did you expect? You made one hell of a product! Congrats, Nick! I bet this makes you feel pretty proud :D

4. I know everyone will comment on the obvious (the awesomeness of Light Kit Pro). I will go ahead and say, that is a sweet shoe!

5. That is a great piece. I would love if you could recruit him for a visit and discussion about how this was made etc.

6. Todd VanSlyck

that’s simple, awesome use of plugins that most people have (light kit, particular, optical flares). Oh, and great design sense of course

7. Hello!
    Very sexy render.
    But could you tell me, how they make this nice lens flare animation? They animated every frame or its make plugin/script for AE?

8. Rodrigo Riedel

Hey guys, thanx for the kind word.MegaFill, head on over to Video CoPilot and get the optical flare plugin, its great

9. Wow. I don’t need to tell you how awesome this is. What music did you use!? Very cool tune.
    Good Job :)

10. Well Gorilla where is the Tutorial??
    From Cinema 4D to After Effects to Optical Flow!

• Hi Kong, the flickery effect was put in on purpose, the noise is from me adding grain to the over all footage ,but I did have a problem with the displacement maps not rendering as clean as I wanted so, the grain was also to hide mistakes.
      Cheers

11. VodooPeople

I just wanna say that is really professional!!! I wanna be like you… saludos!!!

12. Hey, Nick, love the light kit. Use it all the time. Thinking about buying the city kit, too. I have a product suggestion for you that may use some of the technology you used for the city kit. A Forest Kit. Seriously. It would be cool to be able to quickly set up an array of trees and shrubs and maybe even grass, with controls like the city kit has. Is it possible?

13. JohnBon

it would be nice to see some high quality modeling, uv wrapping in Cinema

14. Mike Tosetto

I really love the lighting of the shoe in C4D but also love the flickering lighting that was probably done in AE.

I notice particular and a flare kit in there (Optical Flares or Knoll Light Factory), just wondering how you did those much larger lights / shapes that flicker around. Is that just using lights with wiggle on the transparency?

Really cool man, love all the noise and grain too. Boom!!!

• Rodrigo Riedel

Hi Mike,
      Optical flare has a flicker setting but what I think your getting at is the film gate light spills. What I did (awhile back) was to take a film camera, film a black wall or cloth, and the with flash lights point them at the camera and record, then overlay/screen that on top of your footage in AE

• Mike Tosetto

Hey Rodrigo, that’s exactly what I was talking about… very interesting approach, and your result is fantastic. I love it… great work bro, keep it up :)

15. James Adams

Nice, Rod was the guy who got me going on c4d 4 years ago in school. Good stuff Rod, thanks. RRC.

16. Hi im 12 and i’v and thank u 4 sharing your videos with every one.
    A could u please make a video of how to modal iron man & the adidas f50 football boot.
    thank u.