Greyscalegorilla Mail

Marble Machine: Toilet Bowl and Stair Lift 41 Comments

A couple new pieces for a large Marble Machine I’m building.

1. all i can think about is the coin thing where you put it in the slot and it rolls in a spiral into the middle then POOF! no more coin.. i like that you get your coin back with yours.. if it were a coin i mean… hahaha

2. Steve3d

I’d love to do one of those but I can’t use my C4D right now, its hot here and my TMPIN0 temp hits 81c when I render for more than 2-3 mins solid :( – great work btw!

3. You have way to much time on your hands!

Great work. I’m sure this idea will be in an advert very soon.

4. johnny kruis

nice work, any thoughts about adding sound? could be cool to hear it running…

• Pachicito

You can set up microphones in your C4D scenes. I haven’t tried it yet, but it seems useful for something like this where adding all the collision sounds in post would be difficult.

5. Patricio Zincke

hey nick, cool, pretty nice, and there’s other colors besides orange by the way! lol

6. Miggy Torres

That’s beast, Nick! But hey, I think they’re loosing too much energy at the “toilet bowl.” It’d be cool if they swirled around more. maybe if you play with the mass and the friction of the marbles, because when you do this in real life, the cool part is watching the marbles spin and spin in the bowl. Also check the dimensions of the bowl to get the optimal spin. My guess is that you used a lathe NURBS, so it should be easy to play around with your profile spline to make it just right. Still, though this is awesome. :D :D :D

–Miggy

• That was the number one thing that I kept tweaking. Seems like i have to get the right balance between weight, momentum and the angle of the vortex. Still playing for sure. Thanks for the ideas.

7. rsbouba

Hi nice work can you make a tutorial i want to see the technic to do a marbel machine please please please lol. very nice work nick enjoy. sorry for my english i’m french

8. ahh, I’ve always loved marble stuff

can’t wait for the very end machine!

9. I like all these you’re doing, i can’t wait to see the final. What an imagination. Who knows, maybe OK GO will commission you to do their next epic music video!

10. Hey Nick, I really admire how you make even the simplest things look great. Big Thanks for all your work!

11. mcneezy

I stumbled across this okgo video a few days ago. Not sure if youve seen it before but there are some cool machines involved that could be of some useful inspiration.

Cheers

12. Freaking awesome! By the way, the freakiest part of it will be the moment when a thousand of guys will try to do the same kind ok silly-useless-kinky-enough mograph-machines and that vimeo will be totally submerged off!! : )

13. Some elevated toilet seats come with arms that help the user to lower or raise themselves from the toilet seat. This can help the user minimize the risk of falling.

14. Fantastic website. Lots of helpful info here. I am sending it to a few pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And certainly, thank you in your effort!

15. When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new surveys are added- checkbox and after this each time a comment is added I buy four emails concentrating on the same comment. Perhaps there is in any manner it is possible to remove me from that service? Thanks!