Where Did The Reflection Channel Go In R16?

Barton Damer Tutorial In Computer Arts Magazine 40 Comments

Cinema 4D artist, designer and Illustrator Barton Damer has a great new tutorial in Computer Arts Magazine where he shows you how to use Cinema 4D and Photoshop to create a cool logo treatment. He even mentions Light Kit Pro! Be sure to check it out.

Read The Tutorial at Computer Arts

1. Connection Design

hmmm.. I love the magazine itself, I have the magazine, it’s a great tutorial (:

2. Same here…

As a side note, I appreciate you posting links to other tutorials. We all love yours and think you’re the best (send me a check later) but it’s cool to see what other professionals are doing. Thanks Gorilla!

• Andrew

Wow he really a Fan.He probaly got a tattoo wit Nick’s name on his lower back with striped 3d typo and spheres.lol probaly 2 softlights on his upper back..Imagine all c4d user with beards and glasses lmao

• Filip

haha ye guys you right he look like nic’s brother… are you nick’s brother? ;D

3. KarloKarlsen

ähm. Feels/Looks like bad flyer artwork from the 90s. only with newer tools. Sorry… but this looks awful.

4. Link appears to be working fine now… Thought I was gonna catch up on some sleep tonight until I saw this. Thanks Gorilla (I think)… as payback for my lost sleep I am putting the image of myself in boxer shorts sitting in my dark office, lit by the cold glow of my monitors and sipping coffee at 2AM… Uuuurrp! Whoa, just threw up in my mouth a little. Thanks Again!!!

5. saunter

looks fantastic, although its made me think on how I much I have still to learn about using all my programs together like that. whole other level.
    good post, very inspiring.

6. Lucas

what do you think he means by ‘track lights’? mentioned here…

“04 After positioning the objects around the logo, start adding small details to the 3D logo by creating TRACK LIGHTS and other various elements.”

• Lucas

oh does he mean those physical little lights he’s modeled or is he referring to some lighting technique within cinema?

7. Gokhan

Thanks for sharing Nick :)
    we are waiting video tutorials about this great art,can u help us?

Thanks friend :)

8. Eduardo Ribeiro

i dont realy like some of the details, but its realy a good tutorial, thanks for the share nick

9. It’s almost depressing how good that is, I’ve been drooling all over it. Thanks for sharing :)

10. It’s almost depressing how good that is, I’ve been drooling all over it. Thanks for sharing

• Seems like there’s someone pretending to be me. Any particular reason why?

11. I read that article this morning, and to be completely honest, I didn’t think the tutorial was all that good. Of course the magazine format doesn’t lend itself to indepth content like yours, but Computer Arts mostly has 2D tutorials, so this one was almost completely useless for all the beginners reading it. Nice end-result though. But it did remind me to check up on your site, and now I’m up to speed on the bend deformer, so all’s well that ends well ^^

• tstroke

but just imagine that fucker animated though! Im not Nick but Im sure thats one of the reasons for posting this. Inspiration is fuel and you get it wherever you can

• danny

Well, what do you think? They have no C4D version on their site, so guess what? There is no C4D version. Cinema 4D doesn’t have a similar plugin either. Cinema is too basic for something like that, 3ds max > C4D

12. What I hate about those genius graphic artists is that… They (we) always use Photoshop\After Effects and their (our) results are 700% percent better!
    I mean, like one of your videos shows – We will NEVER get the same results when comparing 3D Only and After-Editing\Photo-Editing.
    I would write an article about that… When I’ll stop working on my game (and it won’t happen).

13. ivan kagame

hey there and thank you for the data – I’ve absolutely picked up anything new from right right here. I did even so experience a handful of technical challenges applying this web page, as I experienced to reload the web page quite a few times earlier to I could get it to load effectively. I had been questioning in case your web host is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but slow loading instances occasions will often impact your placement in google and could damage your good quality score if marketing and advertising with Adwords. Properly I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for considerably more of the respective fascinating content material. Make sure that you simply update this once more soon..

14. I’m impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I come across a blog that’s both educative and amusing, and let me tell you, you’ve hit the nail on the head. The problem is an issue that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. Now i’m very happy I found this during my hunt for something regarding this.