X-PARTICLES: millions of particles, fast render times

Free 3D Ink Preset for Trapcode Particular 44 Comments

I have been working on trying to get realistic looking ink drops in water with Trapcode Particular for a while now. I got pretty close and decided to give away the preset over at Red Giant People. It’s a hog to render, but it gives a pretty cool result. Also, if you change the random seed or the wiggle settings, you will get totally different ink drops every time. This one was pretty fun to make. Hope the preset is useful for you.
(Plugin is for AE CS5 and up Only)

Download the Free Preset from Red Giant People

Buy Trapcode Particular

1. Syver Svensrud

Wow great ! I’ll check it out :) Cheers Nick !

2. Nicolas

Really nice! I tried something similar but using Thinking particles and Dpit Effex

3. Tim Sarquis

Looks awesome! Only thing that sucks is that it’s CS5 or higher…and I’m on CS4… :(

4. kounichiwa

well, i think it looks really great! but i wouldnt call that ink ; )

• hey whtas you problem? he just said that it’s neither ink nor realistic, and thats true… are you in love with nick? He is not just doing perfect things…

maaan

5. Marco

Nick you are great!
    I will never cease to thank people like you that give a really great help!

6. for real man, very nice of you to do this kind of stuff. thank you

7. Cool stuff but I will pass this time. Not for my computer. Too bad it’s only for CS5+

8. Bart Starr

Bro Nick, you are too cool to be giving away nice stuff like this you are da man thanks!

9. Freaking cool results Nick and thanks for sharing! You are the man.

Sorry to bring Kramer again in this topic (Well he is the man and quiet frankly so are you.), I know that guy from the previous post said some mean things.

I was actually just wondering if you got to take a look at Element(The new Video Copilot plugin.) and what your thoughts were on it. That plugin looks to be promising particular some real competition. Sorta like Optical flares did(does) Knoll light factory.

Anyway thanks again for everything bro!

10. Michael

i would like to see something like that in cinema 4d …

11. Very cool results. Gonna have to get Trapcode again. I upgraded to CS5.5 from CS3 recently and haven’t bought the compatible versions yet. Thanks! (again)

12. Gunbrella

Dope. Just got to thinking about AE again myself (besides compositing C4D renders).

13. To me one of the best Particular simulations ever. Great work!

14. Hudson Peden

Trapcode sent me an email for Free S#*t Fridays. This was what they were giving away. They said you were one of their favorite gurus. Congratulations!

15. Mitch

LOVE IT! Its going to work great for my next project “Toxic”.
    Took 4hrs to render but was rendering in C4D at the same time. Thanks Nick

16. matt radford

Why not just use FumeFX and Krakatoa for this effect? it’s alot easier to do it that way.

17. That looks unbelievable..the link doesn’t work anymore though..can’t seem to find a link to it anywhere else either :/