X-PARTICLES: millions of particles, fast render times

GSG Update: San Francisco and SIGGRAPH 49 Comments

1. Have a nice time in Frisco! Hope you don’t neglect the GSG site ;) And all the best for your business moves in SF!

2. Ayb Totoy Kamote

Thanks for the update Nick… More power…

3. Welcome to SF!
    Lots of great shows over the next few months…
    ** Twelves @ Mighty 12th Aug
    ** Outside Lands @ Golden Gate Park 12-14 Aug
    ** Nick 13 @ GAMH 19th Aug
    ** Charles Bradley and the Menahan Street Band & Kitty, Daisy and Lewis @ Independant 30th Aug

It is a golden city for music…

• T. Kane

You’re probably going there to escape the heat.
        It’s too damn hot in Chicago this year!

4. If you’re ever down in palo alto or mountain view and get thirsty for a beer let me know!

5. Awesome have fun out there :)
    any plans to come further down during your stay say maybe Los Angles??

6. lol, good luck there Nick.
    I can’t wait till next year when I’ll move out from my country and maybe meet some of you guys.
    I feel lonely on 3d here :P

7. Would love to meet up! I moved from the midwest a few years ago! big fan of the site!

8. Ted Schroeder

The Synthetik you mention – are they the folks who make Studio Artist software?

9. imcalledandy

Hey Nick,

Unfortunately I’m gonna miss SIGGRAPH but my girlfriend and I are doing a roadtrip around California, so hope to see you in SF!

Take it easy, buddy!
    Andy

10. Nick set that up, welcome to golden state I’m down to meet,

John

11. hamax1

Lookin forward to a mograph meet up.

Apparently NYC and SF have been on down time with usual meet ups

-max

12. Dude! I would totally go to a here in SF. So many great bars here and not to mention that this a serious beer town, so tasty brews are a plenty.

13. Hey! I’m going to SIGGRAPH too… How do I find out about the meetup? I will stop by the Maxon booth and try to catch one of your presentations. Looking forward to it!

14. Good to see you on the left coast.
    Hopefully the meetup happens. Good luck on your project.

15. Stoked to hear youre out here in the city Nick. If you ever need a break from C4D, let’s play some COD! Gaming has become our rendering pastime :) Or we can do some motion control tests with our new rigs

16. Cool! I´ll be in San Francisco the last 2 weeks of September dude :) hope to see you there

17. Hey Nick! I’ve been looking for some kind of C4D meet-up in San Fran with no success. Will you post the date/time on GSG if you plan a meet-up?

• Hey Nick,
        There is a bi-monthly event called SF Mograph that takes place at Adobe Headquarters in SoMa that my boss/creative director is one of the main planner dudes for. If you were looking for a little bit more organized atmosphere in which students and professionals alike could attend and hang out, this would be an awesome setting. It’s a cool building and there’s always pizza and drinks for us too :P . We’ve had directors from companies maxon, adobe, and genarts, and yet the setting is still very casual.

http://www.sfmograph.com is the site.

It hasn’t happened in a couple of months so another one is due soon. I will try to email you with details!

Thanks.

• So stoked for this — whenever it is! I’ve been looking for one of these since I moved here!

18. Hi Nick,
    that’s great news!
    Can you talk about what you guys are working on? Camera pack for the Hipstamatic cam? With a contest? Or isn’t that even remotely close to it?
    (Seems logical to me, as you are a pretty good post-processing guy and hipstamatic is exactly that :D )

Either way: I’ve been in SFO myself not too long ago and I loved that ciy. I hope you have a great time over there.
    Good luck with whatever it is you do!

19. Dan Daigle

Hey Nick,

What times are you going to be at the Maxon booth at SIGGRAPH?! I’m at Vancouver Film School right now starting Digital Design, and I’ve been checking out all your tutorials on greyscale for the past few months. I would love to come say hi!

Dan

20. Throck

What will it take to get kerning?! Please talk to them at SIGGRAPH, you’re our only hope.