SEARCH FROM OVER 250 CINEMA 4D TUTORIALS

Cinema 4D R13 Compatibility with Greyscalegorilla Products 50 Comments

I wanted to give you a quick update regarding the transition to Cinema 4D R13 and the Greyscalegorilla Kits and Packs. We have been doing some testing and everything works exactly the same in R13 as in previous versions. Just install the .lib4d file as you would with previous versions and everything will work exactly the same as in previous versions.

HDRI Studio Pack and Physical Renderer
We did encounter one issue with the HDRI Studio Pack in R13 when using the “Seamless Floor” with Physical Render. There is a rendering issue where the shadows disappear. This will be fixed in a free update of the HDRI Studio Pack very soon. Hopefully in the next few weeks. If you are an existing user, keep an eye out on the blog and in your Email inbox for the download to the free update

1. Hey Nick, i have a question about the new physical GI.

I think the results combining the “old” GI with physical GI ist much more faster and gives cleaner results with lower settings than the new physical GI alone ..

Is there any reason not combining those two GIs ?

Cheers,

Mic.

2. Marcus

Hey Nick,

can you please upload your new GSGWindowLayout R13??

Thank You!!

3. Thank you very much Nick.
    You always help and support us that’s AWSM.
    I’m waiting for your AWSM updates and the new products.

4. does anyone remember when you rotate in r12 you can hold shift and it will rotate in 5 degree, it does not seem to work in r13 is there a setting i have to check to make it work?

• MighT42

The usage of Shift key has changed slightly in R13 (have a look at the news section in the docs). It still works for 5 degree increments (and same for movements and sizing), when you press shift _after_ you started the rotation.

• Thanks man. I was holding shift then rotating like in the old versions.

5. MichiSchwarz

I tested it with the adjustment of the seamless floor, I wrote you about a few weeks ago. Just put in the diffusion channel an ambient occlusion effect and you’re done I guess. This works with the physical render too….
    Best regards
    Michi

• While ambient occlusion will add fake shadowing to the floor, the GI shadows are still missing when using physical renderer. The new update coming soon will fix this.

• Manny

Hi Nick, the only thing i’ve been experiencing missing textures with the LightKitPro 1.5… Can’t figure it out what’s going on. Thanks!

• MichiSchwarz

OK…point taken:) Looking forward to the update. Btw: Here in germany there is a band “Edo Zanki Band”, and the drummer resembles a certain Nick I know:)))

6. With NVIDA graphics card when I have open GL on it always has blotchy spots on the floor, this has been in there since 11

7. Hey there, just discovered cinema 4D recently, and your website at the same time, very cool stuff, thanks ! My question is, what’s your computer configuration ? I’m planning to change, I like the speed you get when I compare with my cheap laptop ! cheeers

• MichiSchwarz

Holy ****…. 32GByte? Here at work I have a 12GByte 8 Core (16 Threads) Workstation and all is well so far, even for large projects….:))

• I’m happy to hear that. I’m planing to build my own workstation, I have ~2000euro budget I think I can get something 8 core & 12g ram

• Call me Tom

Awesome!

Same question..

I have 2006 mac pro 4 core that it’s old graphic card just ‘burnt’, should I get the new Mac pro or is there any other options??
        I’m looking for a good computer, not over the top.

Thanks!

8. ouch !! thanks for the answer, don’t think I get this big boy. Got’a sell a kidney then, thank Gorilla !

cheers ;)

9. Manny

Hi Nick, i know you said to submit a ticket for help with my missing textures issue; I’m a bit perplexed but at the same time glad to that the textures issue has been resolved, I continue testing so far I can’t recreate it which is a good thing…

Above is the link to the screen shot of when the texture start happening,

If I continue to experience errors then I’ll do as you instructed me to do.

Thanks again for looking out!

Cheers.

10. Nick-You mentioned that you were releasing an update for City Kit that allows city creation on a mesh or object. May I beta test? If not, what’s the timetable? I am in a crunch to do exactly that, and would love to get an update sooner than later.

• You are awesome. Not in time for my deadline, but close enough that my boss will be ecstatic at what I have planned. Thanks for everything.

11. am I the only one who gets extremlely long render times with physical render with simple scenes?? How can I set when the progressive passes should stop?? (I’m not talking about the gsg kit, just general r13 renders)

12. Who’s “we” :D ?

Either way, great stuff man. Really excited to get my hands on R13 with all these compatible features.

13. Plz, remove the bg and have some thing interesting like black background or have a really cool gorilla face,or may be even have just a shiney hdri reflective balls,or just a good looking balls,or have notthing at all, or just a balls…how about a city filled with balls and faces of dead people who were crushed with those shiney looking good balls of gorilla, we will call it “THE GORILLA BALLS”.Why not Platonic??? why always balls?…
    Actually i was comenting on previous post.
    The latest city cit looks amazing.
    Wish i was Gorilla; a hairy one (e=mc2).
    Luv ur tutorials.

14. Ruurd

How many cores doe you have? 24 or something? or 12 with 2nd gen intel

15. Andrew

Sorry, actually please respond to this post, as I didn’t click “Notify me of follow-up comments via e-mail in the last one.

Once again, my question is: Is the installation process for CS tools the same in R13 as it is for R12?

16. Hey Nick,

I bought the HDRI pack yesterday and it’s lovely – thanks! But I have a problem straight out of the box. When I open the GI Animation preset, the seamless floor doesn’t work. I’ve even tried a reinstall.

As I said, straight out of the box, is there anything I need to change in the compositing tag or anything? Help would be much appreciated :)

Tom

• Maybe worth mentioning, I’m using C4D R12 :)

The Seamless Floor preset works fine on its own too, but not in the GI Animation preset.

17. hey Mr nick its me vajayjay. i have issues with cs tools in my cinema 4d r13. the 3d stroke thing doesn’t work the only thing responding to changes in thickness. the offset and other stuff doesn’t respond at all. please do find a solution for this as soon as possible. thank you

• Chris

I’m having exactly the same problem. Has this been resolved by anyone yet?

18. Michael

Light Kit is great. However I keep having issues with banding. In fact I can’t seem to get a render without banding issues. I’m rendering in 32 bit OpenEXR. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Thanks!