SEARCH FROM OVER 250 CINEMA 4D TUTORIALS

Fisheye Camera For Cinema 4D 110 Comments

Andrew of Yratof made a Fisheye Lens rig for cinema 4D for his Candy Skulls Project. Now, he is offering it for download for use in your project. Cool!

Download the Fisheye Lens for Cinema 4D

1. Good find Buddy!
    Was thinking about that too cause my wife bought one of these Lomography Fisheye analog cams. Have fun at Hyper super duper Island.

Cheers
    DAN

2. You just have to remove the “” of the end from the link, so its “Fisheye_Lens.zip” only…

3. Looks like a nice feature! Just downloaded it and will be testing it soon.

The skulls kind of scare the *** out of me:O

4. I checked the lens effet in the render settings a few days ago, thinking i would achieve a fish eye effect but no luck.

Thanks for sharing this, it will sure come in handy.

Just a question, as this fish eye is in fact done with a refraction/transp material (very clever btw), will it make the render time longer (refraction/transp always make my render time explode)?

• the_Monkey

Yes. You will take a render hit for refraction.

An alternative (and faster) hack for ghetto fish-eye is to shoot backwards into a 100% reflective sphere. The downside is that it’s a little disorienting setting up your cameras, but you can always create a two camera system… one for preview and one for render.

• So reflection is less pain rendering than refraction ?

Thanks for the tip kind sir!

• Mitch

Maybe I’m an idiot. Everything I have “seen by camera” unchecked is showing up in the fisheye camera. What’s the trick. I’m trying to get rid of softboxes and bounce cards.

• The Fisheye Rig Breaks that because it uses refraction. You have to go into the compositing tag of the lights and turn off “Seen By Transparency”. That should fix it in this case.

5. aeaem

Link is ok but you have to simply remove the HTML expression “” from the address (just after .zip) in your web browser

6. aeaem

Sory, the expression (comments system has automatically translate the code in my previous post)

7. :) I got all tingly when i checked the site today and saw my skulls :) Thanks Nick! And I’d love to see what people do with this!

8. Sebastiaan

For the 11.5 version (don’t know about the R12 version) click on fisheye_controls and go to manage user data. From there chage the Step value from 1 to .01 for the Fisheye Curve.
    Otherewise that Userdata seems very useless to me :)

9. Cool! I once made a physical camera in c4d, made up of 2 lenses and a back plane. Using QMC sampling for gi, i was able to literally focus the GI light to make a camera!. Everything was rather grainy and quite fuzzy, but it was a great proof-of-concept

10. AWSM
    thanks to The Gorilla it’s very useful.
    but this function was very old with Maya software.
    Hope to make it build in with C4D r13.

11. I don´t want to be obnoxious, but i’ve compared this camera with a normal camera width a high enough field of view and couldn´t see any difference. Am i missing something, guys?

• Yeah, i did that, but still saw little diference. But, the fact is i have to experiment a bit more to see the differences.
        I have to thank you for putting out this invaluable blog, wich taught me pretty much i know and use in C4D and AE.
        P.S.- Can´t wait for your lecture in Portugal, next year, from what i’ve been told ;)

12. Wow nick. I appreciate what you are doing for the community. Thanks a lot for this Fisheye Camera lens, I hope to use this in future creations.
    Thanks
    -Jake

13. Why not just use c4d’s built-in “fisheye” camera system? The cylindrical lens, found under Render Settings->Effects->Cylindrical Lens.

• Oliver

Well, I love what you can do with vray regarding lens distortion, but if you don’t want to switch your render engine, as far as I know is either you create a rig like this yourself, or try WFcam.
      Effects>Cylindrical Lens is useful if a little barrel distortion is what you’re after.

14. Im getting used to the camera…but its still confusing! :$ can I expect a tutorial for this soon? :)

15. Chris192

Nice camera, was pleasantly surprised when the Object buffer worked with it. Oh and animation with this might warp the mind.

16. Hi from Portugal! thankyou for all tutorials. Im trying make the Cherry 7up look, and when i made the spline effector, the cherrys separate themselves from the green arches… i dont understand. Yes, they are grouped by ‘alt’+G.
    Help please?

• What were the specific measurements you used for getting the black you got? i like it vey much yet i cant seem to get it exact.

17. Rasha

Hello dear Nick.would you please explain and show up,what is the best render settings for rendering an interior or exterior picture in best quality and highest resolutions.and please do not forget about spline and spline effectors also that i have written in your previous post.I Really appreciate

18. Did a simple version of this a while back. What may get you, though is when you need to use any compositing tags or alpha channels. Anyone have any workarounds?

• :) you are viewing 100% refraction,

…we’re dead man! no zdepth, no shadowns, no nothing,

anyways, cool effect!!!

19. James

How do you do create the atom array style effect? Linking the skulls up?

Thanks

20. Juston

How do you connect all the objects together with thos lines? Is that done with c4d?

21. David Jantsky

Epic sauce! looks amazing, works perfectly! golden :)

22. Elmar

im gonna give it a shot when i get home today im at school now :’(

23. Oliver

I’m getting so loooong render times with the fisheye – how come? (i’m rendering with GI and AO etc.)

• Fisheye is slow to render. Mainly because there is MORE to render. It’s such a wide angle view and more of the scene is visible. Also, GI and AO is slow to begin with. Add this to the refraction of the lens, and I’m not surprised that your render times are long. Sorry I don’t have an answer other than use less effects. It’s just the nature of these things. In simple words, your probably not doing anything wrong.

24. Mike Butler

Hey Nick im new to cinema 4d. Just wondering what exact folder I drop this into? thanks and love your tutorials

25. awesome, this is what I’m looking for, I was download it, and will try it tonight…
    thanx a lot for share this :)

26. I love this. However I’m having a little issue. Hair doesn’t show up in my renders when I use this kit. I turn the sphere off, it shows. I turn it back on, it’s not there. I have no keyframes so that’s not it.

Anyway I can fix it?

• Ahhh! Thanks Nick.
        One more thing I found. I’m trying to track lights but it doesn’t take the sphere in consideration when tracking and doing it according to the regular camera setup.

Is there a work-around for this?

Thanks again!

• Ok I ended up putting little luma spheres in place of lights so I could track those in AE. Yay!

• mikey

dude i just posted a come about this. im having the same problem

27. mikey

the fisheye doesnt work on the project that im working on. whenever i try to render a room it always blurs everything to the point where you cant tell what youre looking at. this only happens when i use the fisheye camera. and im using the physical renderer.
    can anyone help me out

28. ronny t

one question, and even if i know that it is not possible, can i use for projection mapping?