WHAT'S NEW IN CINEMA 4D R16

Five Second Project Winner for “Monster Bash” 55 Comments

Winner

I’m picking this great winning stop motion entry from António Silva as the winner for the latest Five Second Project. There were so many great animations. New project announced soon.

Honorable Mentions

1. Clear win, such a great & simple piece by Anontio! Congrats to everyone who participated, good stuff!

2. Kevin

These are all truly fantastic, but what makes the winning piece work is the fact that it starts and ends in five seconds and feels complete. Good choice, Nick.

3. All of them are incredible and inspiring! :D Thank you Nic and the community!

4. wow these are great winners, mine totally stank compared to these!

5. Joe Mom

Just goes to show… even if you miss the deadline and Nick points it out in your comments… you can still win.

6. Eduardo Ribeiro

wait a second, jared nickerson made an entry? wow

7. Damn ! I missed the challenge again !
    I check my rss feed just one times per month :(

I love the five second project for all the reasons you said. I have participed one time ( thanks for your comment by the way )and I would like to participate again.

So… the next time I will not miss the five second project. Because I have filter your rss feed and setup an email alert. Haha ! :)

8. tstroke

5 sec’s projects are my monthly dietary consumption of creativity. Great idea Nick! :)
    Any thoughts about making a “regular thing” so if we got a project on the go we can shuffle things around to take part?

9. So, nobody is upset that he missed the deadline, but won anyway? What good are rules if we don’t have to follow them?

• @Kevin. I should clear things up. He twittered me saying he missed the deadline on his vimeo page, so I wrote him a comment there. But as I was adding entries into the vimeo page, his entry made it in the submission form before we closed it. I am very strict on deadlines for these things and try take late entries very seriously because I think that deadlines mean everything. It’s not always a perfect system, but I try to be fair.

10. Not sure if the winner missed the deadline or not, either way his entry is still awesome, and at the end of the day, its still up to the gorilla to decide (it’s his idea after all, lets not forget).

11. Yea, I kinda missed the deadline too, tried to contact you but was to late. Its all good though, because the winning entry pretty much kicked my entries ass anyway :)

Congrats to everyone, and the winning entry was awesome!

12. Austin C.

@ Pavel. I like the link that you posted, but I don’t think the artist encapsulates the meaning of monster bash.

13. Pavel Paratov

@ Austin,
    Maybe Joshua didn’t pay enough attention to the story this time, but nevertheles — like his style!

@ Nick,
    thanks! It’s really fun to participate in this contest; 5sec is a very unusual timeframe, therefore a great field for experiments. Love it!

And more flashes in your videos, guys — hehe
    P

14. they diserved it! great works. next time i make a clip which fits better to the headline :)

15. Joshua

I’m french you know.It’s hard for me to understand the cultural meaning of “Monster Bash”.

I’ve made a dancing zombie, I thought it was ok. Next time I will write the name of the theme in big bold letters.

16. Matthias

What a winner! Five seconds is a real challenge and Antonio made it very well. Congrats.
    Chapeau also to the other contestants :-)

Matthias

17. Mogmog

Ha! – thought it was just really good – till the stake in the heart – fantastic