Where Did The Reflection Channel Go In R16?

Happy Red White And Blue Day 51 Comments

1. Göran

Nick, what do you think of V-ray for Cinema?
    I’m thinking of getting it. I have Maxwell render and it’s really good but not very fast…
    Is it worth the doe?

• Craigy

It’s bloody fast but is lagging behind the max etc versions. A new version is out is out soon which will include extra bits and bobs. Maxwell delivers amazing results (I think the best) but I still think vray delivers better and faster results than the c4d renderer.

• Vray Shits on C4D advanced renderer. Go with it, I use it all the time

2. Rafal

What’s up with the balls? I like balls too, but this is obsesion ;p

3. Darin

I’m prety damn sure it is physical render looking by the little amount of grain in the dark areas .

4. minime

Hi there Gorilla.
    I know based on what you have shown in the past (like recreating nice ads etc) that you have all the skills to get a little more creative with C4D i.m.o. I don’t want to disrespect or nothing because you do have a great site here, but personally i am increasingly getting dissapointed by seeying someone as great with c4d doing so much spheres. Keep up the good work here, but it would be great to see a little bit more growth on a 3d creative level here.

• wtf_cakes

It’s a good comparative reference at this point. We’ve all seen Nick’s balls so often that we can immediately see the difference in lighting, dynamics etc when he demos something.

• Kickingdolls

“We’ve all seen Nick’s ball so often” = Hilarious statement.

• Gion "Basstorious" Gruenberg

lol guess you’re right here ^^

• This was probably just a quick way of him showing some holiday spirit… the equivalent of people buying a crappy flag and sticking it on their window for a day and then filling landfills. What did you make in spirit?

5. Janek Ahlvik

I think there’s more to the picture than balls. Easier for the crowd to get a grip of the lighting, which makes it easier to try to recreate. And during that U might learn something about lighting :-) maybe that’s just me. I personally find lighting a scene the hardest if U wanna do it from scratch.

Thx for a nice site… Nick’s the Man!

6. lyonnel

I very like american people. Each year, they celebrate my birthday.

7. MichiSchwarz

Can’t see any white in there, just grey, desaturated colors on a bunch of balls….

• Heard it was cubic balls, but I may have been misinformed.

8. William

WoW every one hating on the spheres.

Think people are missing the point!

Happy 4th Nick!!!!!

9. hmmm. Nick, i think you should only use spheres from here on out. Everything you do should be based on spheres. Even teach us how to model a sphere. I think it would be pretty awesome.

Thanks for the endless FREE tutorials and extremely underpriced plug-ins, lighting kits, texture kits that half the motion graphics world uses on a daily basis. Go Spheres!

10. Marty

Hey! bud, just wanted to tank you for all your awesome tutorial specially the Transformer—you ROCK!

11. Arn Sweatman

Heeeeyy! Whaddaya know? More balls.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

12. For such a hairy gorilla, your balls are remarkably smooth. What’s your secret?

13. 3d_hairdresser

probably he did it with the new 3delement from videocopilot!

14. Nice render and I like the spheres but maybe balloons would have been a better choice? Espeically in this arrangement and could have shown off some SSS skills too…mmmm something to try I think.

Thanks again for all the fantastic, informative and funny tutorials over the years dude!

15. Alex Borovkov

Looks like vray for c4d) My test renders with area lights looks the same. How about LightKitPro for c4d’s vray?)

16. More spheres? soooo creative.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

17. Pat Mat

I need to create a amount of balls like that all white , but coming from the side merging together. Any similar tutorials about this?

Thanks!

• Pat Mat

Like the image above is pretty close in terms of amount, just need to know a easy to do this. Let me know if you can help.

18. I want to download the tutorials,but I just can’t find the button….