X-PARTICLES: millions of particles, fast render times

Branding Half Rez: Getting Ready For The Big Day 10 Comments

With only 2 days left until Half Rez, it’s been getting really hectic around the studio. We’re getting all the details ready for the big event, starting with a new logo, new buttons, and some 3D Logo animations to show on the big screen. The presentations we have scheduled are looking great, and the run-through went smoothly. This is our first big event, and I think it’ll be a fun one. If you can’t make it, we will be posting most of the presentations on Greyscalegorilla soon after. However, if you were lucky enough to get a ticket, I will see you there with bells on and a beer in my hand. Can’t wait!

1. Elmar

Ugh if i just lived in America I defiantly would’ve joined well guess I’ll have to wait for the videos.

2. Iain

Really like this! Who did the hand-drawn type?? Looks especially sharp on the 3d render – i like the mix of rough type and ultra glossy reflective surfaces

3. Todd VanSlyck

Did I miss something? What the crap is half rez?

4. Im not that excited about the logo. Should be very difficult to reproduce this tiny dot on small print stuff. Also the Hand drawn type is too detailed for my taste. I think a bit less detail and more cleany weany would make it more pleasing to the eye.

Anyway i wish u good luck! Even if i have no idea what Half Rez is?

greetings

• Eduardo

I really liked the logo. Given the nature of the project (a conference) it does the job pretty well. Would agree on the mini-details if it was a clothing brand or something else that needs to be reproduced on small labels.

Anyway, great initiative, would love to assist; sadly I’m on the other side of the planet. Good luck man

5. Ian Couser

Loved the pic of Chris getting his hands on the over sized signage on your other blog Nick. Is it just me or does he look far too young to be in a bar?? Sounded like great fun and a great opportunity to meet and greet.

6. Hi Nick,

I am thinking of trying to organise a meet up of people in post production. I noticed that despite London being pretty small and pretty much all the post action taking place in Soho there aren’t really many opportunities for post people to meet up, chat, knock back a few brews and get to know each other.

I was wondering if you had any advice? I think I’ve got my head around the obvious stuff like getting the word out and sourcing an appropriate venue but I’m a little stuck on what to do when I have everyone in the same room.

I don’t expect anything like the turn out that you get but I’m aiming for around 20 people. I’m not a great public speaker and I’m not sure which direction to take the first meeting in. I need some kind of hook or people won’t come but I don’t want to promise something that I can’t pull off. Should I stick to just C4D or just motion graphics or even open it up to all post production peeps?

I would really love a bit advice if you can spare the time. I think it would be great to have a group where people can socialise as it can be lonely being a freelancer in London so any general advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance and also thank you for taking the time to share what you know with people. You’ve been a massive help in my career.

Cheers,