4 Free R16 Scene Files

Version Number Cinema 4D Icons for OSX 55 Comments

IconGif_1
The release of C4D R16 brings us another identical looking C4D icon. I find myself never knowing what version of Cinema I was working in. Maybe it’s just me and my need to test products on all versions and do tutorials in different versions, but I needed a way to quickly differentiate between different versions. So, I made some icons. I also added some for the Net Renderer and clients since those can get confusing too. Feel free to use them on your different versions or just change your old version of C4D to the R14 icon just to look cool. Either way, here ya go.

How To Change Icons In OSX

1. Select the Version of the C4D application you want to change.
  2. Right Click and select “Get Info” from the list.
  3. Drag and Drop the NEW icon you downloaded onto the existing one in the Get Info dialog box. (you may need too enter your password)
  4. Enjoy

Download the Numbered Cinema 4D Icons Here

• Emil Draws

you can only do it on shortcuts i believe, right click and properties

• Emil Draws

my bad, i thought it came with regular ICO files aswell

1. Hey nick thanks for the great icon set. Your a true gent.

Would there be anychance of posting the 3D model of the C4D logo.. would be great to have a play with the shapes.

My very best regards
    Simon

• It’s just an image i’m afraid. I don’t have the model. Although, the models do exist somewhere. I remember seeing them. Anyone know where they are?

• Hey Nick, really I don´t know !
        You know, right know we are in classes reading your blog.

Greetings from Peru.
        Luis

2. Awesome Nick! Was looking for good looking icons for the NET Render Apps for a very long time. The wait is finally over. Thank you very much!

3. doubledope

Great!
    I remember having R11 32/ 64 bit, R11.5 32/64 bit, NET & Client. and R12 64, NET & Client in my dock at the same time. It was hell, I tell you!

4. John Moris

Hey Nick ,
    Nice stuff
    Im Jack from NAB , hope you remembered me
    i was hoping to ask you for a favor , would you e-mail me ?
    or i will contact on facebook , on your page !
    this is concerning The Plugin ” Transform ” .
    thanks ,
    cheers .

5. Stephen

Hey, Nick mentioned in a video that he does a weekly LiveChat with Q&A, but it seems I’m unable to find it, could somebody help me? (I know the links probably somewhere here right in my face, but oh well. . .)
    Thanks

6. Matty2x4

I just rename my app files “cinema 4d 11″ or “cinema 4d 12″ then delete the old icon in the launcher bar and drag in a new one…. they keep the names when you use shift tab too. Have not run into any issues (yet) XD

7. Fabian

Hi Nick
    Thanks for the icons very useful. But one question is it possible to install and run Cinema 4D R13 and R14 on the same workstation? Is there no conflict between the versions?
    Have a nice day.

• Göran Thorén

Yes, no problem. I have 12, 13, 14 and 15 on my MP, can run them at the same time.

8. PixBox

Thank you for another great gift. Very helpful :-)

Matthias

9. Göran

Nice Icons Nick! But it totally don’t work for me in 10.6.8….

• I’m also running 10.6.8 and it’s not working for me. Nothing happens when I drop it in. What did you have to do?

• I’m running 10.6.8 as well and I’ve tried everything. Not working, and I change icons all the time on folders, but even unlocking the permissions doesn’t worked. tried copying and pasting, tried dragging icon…! Would love to use these things!

Oh well!

• yeah i couldnt get it either under 10.6.8 .. even tried Litelcon2 app which is an app that facilitates the process. it changes it then changes it right back in the app. i think if we can open then save again somehow in preview then that might work. a new copy run through preview might “clean” the image? lol i dont know just typing out loud…

• Terry Ranson

unlock the file in the get info window, add yourself as a “read-write” user, the use the little settings dropdown (still in the info window) and make yourself the “owner”. Then you can change the icon and or name.

10. Hi,
    thanks for these!
    I use the icons from now on on a regular daily basis, i promise ;-)
    Shared it on my blog too.
    Jan

11. Cheers!

If ever you’d get “R14 net” and “R14 client”… :p

12. caiko

i love the icons…. but nock some tutorial about make a model cinema 4d logo? ^^

13. Manny

Hi Nick,
    Question I know there is a way to revert the image, which software did you use to create and convert these images to .icon files. Much appreciate the help.

14. Chris

Hi Nick,
    Just discovered this post – great idea to differentiate between the icons.
    Is the link still active as when I download and open the zip file, the icons seem to exist only as a file name and are zero KB in size.
    Would be grateful if you could re-upload them.
    Thanks
    Chris

15. Antonio

Hey Nick, I’m on Windows 7 PC, where do you get the R13-R14 logo icon, can you help me with that, thanks in advance.

16. Arne

Has anyone created an icon for R15? Would be useful ;)

• Ben Hanbury

Yeah! Please can we have an R15 icon! Thanks very much :)

17. Göran Thorén

Thank’s Nick!
    I was wondering when R15 icon would show up!
    How about adding a Cinebench icon too?

18. Emily

Every time i try to drag and drop the C4D_R15 icon onto the icon in the Get Info window, it just launches the program, and doesn’t change the icon.
    Argh!
    Anyone?

• Keith

Hi Emily, I had the same problem with R15.

Step 1: Select the new R15 icon and press CMD+C (copy).
      Step 2: CMD+I (get info) on the existing R15 app icon you want to change.
      Step 3: Within the Info window, at the top left, select the small C4D icon and CMD+V (paste) the new icon.
      Step 4: Enter your mac password if it is requested.
      Step 5: Enjoy.

19. JulianLuxford

Thank you! These have saved a lot of hassle.

Only thing missing was a Team Render Icon. But got that sorted!

20. eternal22

Here are mine custom Cinema 4D icons. R13 R14 and R15 included in .ico and .png format. Enjoy