4 Free R16 Scene Files

Five Second Project “Bounce” Winners 18 Comments

Winner

Congratulations to Phil Borst for winning the “Bounce” Five Second Project for March. There is some lovely key-framing and subtle particle work in this piece. You can also download this scene file over at his Vimeo page. Great work.

Honorable Mentions

1. Kays

Could you please make a tutorial to achieve a technique similar to Alex Reig’s bounce video? The particles appear driven by the animation of a hand which is at first scattered and abstract and then forms into the correct shape.

Thanks!

>>Kays

• lyonnel

Hi.
      I think he used inheritance effector with “morphing motion object” option checked. with that, you can morph your cloner to another one (they must have the same number of clones)

2. Ivan

How did Alex Reig not win? That was awesome.

Anyway, different strokes for different folks I guess.

Yes please do make a tutorial from his submission.

3. Touchsky

-Kays,Ivan- Just explore this site, and you’ll find the answer. Its not really hard.

• Touchsky

Look for “7up” tut in MoGraph section i believe, just replace it with hand model..etc

• Ivan

@Touchsky Thanks for pointing that out. How did I not see that ;b. I’ll give it a try.

4. Sven

Can anyone tell me how the winner did those sparkles effects in the background? I mean those white lines that ‘pop’. I guess it was done in After Effects, but is there some special plug in for that or is it some ‘effect’ i’m not aware of?

5. giangianni

Nice 1 Nick. I think many of us did not expect that piece to win but the comment you made, which I really appreciate, makes one look at things from a different point of view. That’s what the polemic comment I once made about the 5 sec prj was all about… Little things that make the difference. Still hoping you’ll push it a bit further though!

• Remington

I 100% expected it to win… Phil Borst is a phenomenal animator.

• giangianni

he surely is and it’s a great piece. I would’ve picked another one though. : )

• Will

+1 for Phil, his work is stunning! The honorable mentions we pretty cool too.

6. hi nick,
    Could you please make a tutorial to achieve a technique similar to Alex Reig’s video?

7. tonib

Crazy lovely animations. I didn’t expect that much !