6 Holiday Themed Cinema 4D Tutorials

Free Cinema 4D Models – Daft Punk Helmets 71 Comments

FigureDaftPunkRET

To celebrate the official release of Daft Punk’s new album, we are giving away these professionally modeled Daft Punk helmet models for Cinema 4D. They are textured and all ready to render. Head to the bottom of this post to download the Cinema 4D Models and start playing. Be sure you are listening to this track as you start lighting these things. Also, Look for some tutorials soon that will feature these models. Have fun!

ThomasSideLG1200

GuySideLG1200

BothHelmets1200

Download The Models Here

1. Juan Bayardo

Is it time for a 5 second contest with a Daft Punk Theme?

2. Newbie Dab

why my hyper nurbs doesn’t look cool as these? XD

3. Joseph Albanese

Would it be possible to 3D print one of these helmets?

4. Nikc

I’m so behind the times, I’m still putting JUSTICE in my motion reels.

5. Brent Pierce

Looks wicked awesome! Great job!
    They look a bit out of proportion though. The silver one looks a bit too squatty, and the gold one looks too tall and skinny. Just my opinion.
    Still, great job!

6. Laurence

SWEET! cheers! I’m gonna prank my flatmate into thinking these arrived in the mail, (he’s a massive fan) so I’m gonna film his room and thanks to the vimeo logo tutorial make them look like they’re just sitting on his bed haha!

7. Brad

Hey Nick,

Very cool models! I actually tried my luck at modeling the Daft Punk helmets just last week for some practice. Quite the coincidence. Still a little bit of a work in progress as far as lighting and small details go but check them out and let me know what you think. http://www.flickr.com/photos/71661668@N08/8774796878/

-Brad

8. graham

great way to celebrate (no pun) a mighty album!!! daft punk do chilled!!!! :)

9. Dan Fassnacht

Nice, I was listening to this album today…solid!

10. Jose Henares

Looks like you were reading my mind. Since i downloaded the album, i was trying to model the helmets.
    Great.
    Thanks from Spain.

11. KaiTheStuffGuy

Wow Few things to clear up.

1)@NewbieDab and @sacreb, the unappealing HN or Pinching and Buckling is not a fault of the modeler, but of an apparent accident in prepping the file for distribution. Not sure why, but it appears that the model was saved in R12 prior to distributing as you cna clearly see an R12 compatibility checkbox and it is turned on. This model was made with R14 and utilizes the newer subdivision algorithm and weighting so it cannot work with the R12 HN, only R13 and 14. It subdivides just fine as you can see in Nick’s pic, but only with that option off. A simple mistake though I’m unsure why it happened.

2)@Carsten, theres no LED’s because there actually are no LED’s, this was a big hitch in modeling the two helmet’s is the original spec was simply to model the two Daft Punk Helmet’s, which is no easy task when there are 4 different Era’s of Helmets and a few variations within those era’s. As the process went on, It was specified that the latest versions of the helmets were most appropriate to celebrate the release of the latest helmet. Basically the helmets are the latest versions which apparently have been extremely streamlined lacking LED’s, the false LED’s on the ear of Guy-Manuel, and the replacement of wires with solid backing. Here is the history http://www.thedaftclub.com/features/a-visual-history-of-daft-punks-helmets/ and the one video showing latest helmets clealry with no LED’s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3pvx-6nSGE

3)@Brent, I do agree on the Guy one it does feel a little narrow, Its to spec, but my eyes feel a little wider would be more aesthetic. Might also just be the filed of view being a little wider than what one would typically use, but as I said it’s too spec with the exception of the facemask which is a little “rounder” For Thomas, It depends on which direction you mean by “squatty” Vertically it’s actually rounder/taller than the real thing but it is a little shorter depth wise, That was a request to also make it a little “rounder.” Keep in mind you have to look at the latest generation helmets again, as Guy’s especially changed a lot in overall shape. A little creative license by request in those slight variations, but a very good eye.

• Thanks for clearing a lot of the questions up Kai. I have always wanted really nice Daft Punk helmets ever since I started using Cinema 4D and you two went above and beyond. Thank you! You and especially Amanda definitely deservers HUGE acknowledgment for the modeling. It was and a blast to use and render this morning. Thanks to both of you for helping me hit this deadline for R.A.M. release day. Maybe you can help me with that R12 thing. It’s probably my fault. Thanks again. I can’t model worth crap, so I couldn’t do this without you.

12. RBucurel

Thanks GSG, I was listening to the stream of the new album today eyeballing up the helmets thinking if would be sweet to make them… and you guys did. awesome!

13. Vrrroom

I was afraid these brand activation results would occur, so brilliantly designed by the Daft Punk marketing department. But still nice models! Too bad the music on the album is a littgle disappointing.

14. lyonnel

Last week, in France, there were a funny surprise on iTunes store because Daft Punk were only 2nd seller. The first was another french guy, Sébastien Patrick, with a comic song nammed “Quand il pète il troue son slip” (litterally “When he farts he pierces his underpants”, a song about Chuck Norris).
    Now, Daft Punk is of course first again, but there were a lot of jokes about that.

15. ChaNinja

I modelled a high detail Guy Manuel Helmet in Rhino a while back. There are many different variations of the helmet, this one has a more of an angular jaw-line as seen in some of the images online.
    It would be great if the Gorilla or someone could hook up some LEDs to the visor and rig it to the Mograph Sound Effector so it can be animated to different audio tracks.

Preview: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4067056/Models/DaftPunk-Helmet-GuyManuel-1.jpg

Model: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4067056/Models/DaftPunk-Helmet-GuyManuel-1.rar

16. Marco

Cocorico!
    Vive la France et vive le gorille en nuance de gris.
    Very french comment isn’t it? :-)

17. shortid

Excellent . Is that possible to have the texture in a separate files plz . ( trying to use it in element 3d but have issues with texture .

Ty GSG !

18. Adam Kois

Could you maybe to a lighting/texture tutorial re-creating the album cover for RAM? I’ve been working on it and can’t seem to get my specular/diffusions just right. Trying to get it just right only using lights and a sky w/o compositing.

This is what i got so far http://blog.adamkois.com/image/51164677214

19. Andrew

Thank you so much for these models! Here’s what I came up with after positioning some lighting, tweaking the materials slightly, and briefly touching up in Photoshop:

20. Andrew Cesarz

Thank you so much for these models! I spent some time yesterday playing with lighting and tweaking the materials on Guy-Man’s helmet. Here’s the result (with some level adjustments from Photoshop):

21. kofy

Thank you very mush Nick!
    Merci beaucoup Nick
    Muncho Gracias Nick
    Amicalement
    Kofy

22. jogon

Thanks Nick!
    Random Access Memories = Real Awesome Models (C4D).

23. Shaun

Got their music and the C4D render for Daft Punk thanks to Nick and Grayscalegorilla!

24. Richard Dobell

You know, I’ve been looking at these images for a while now and thinking to myself that I recognise them from somewhere – then, tonight I was watching Tron Legacy – and BOOM! There they were… The DJs in Castor’s tower – I can sleep soundly tonight!

25. jaredsimmons

hey its jared im adaft punk fan my self and i think these are awsome