WHAT'S NEW IN CINEMA 4D R16

NAB 2013 With Maxon, Adobe, And Greyscalegorilla 49 Comments

With all the new announcements from Adobe and Maxon, we knew 2013 would be an exceptionally fun and exciting year at NAB. So, we sent Dave Kiss to capture and edit this big week down to the few minutes you see above. Watch NAB presenters from Maxon, Adobe, and Greyscalegorilla talk about the introduction of Cineware and what it means to be a part of the Cinema 4D community.

1. Bearded_Ginger

‘Welcome to the family’ Love it. It was so great meeting everyone at NAB!

2. Dave

Sounds like “one big happy family” was the theme here – lol. That’s what I call a marketing video. :-)

3. Dr. Bernd

Great video!
    Congratulations to Nick and Dave.

4. Richie Williamson

Terrifically exciting! Can’t wait to get my hands on the new applications. Thanks to a great family of users and a great family of new products…

5. rajashekar adukani

wow it’s a great tool.
    thank you nick………….
    please proved us some Cineware tutorials…….
    u’r adukani

6. Robert Hranitzky

Nicely edited and really well shot! Congrats guys. It was great fun to meet you and to hang out!

7. Brian McCauley

Great video Dave and Team Gorilla! It was a great week.

8. Peter

Love it ! Gorilla and the team the only place to get all the info !

9. Hands On Music

Sorry I missed @ the NAB this year, Ill see you guys next year! Awesome edit of the event!

• Hands On Music

Also can’t wait to play around with the cineware layer/s.

10. Bruno munguambe

é muito muito bom para nos ver o quando as coisas vao evoluindo é mais valia pra nos os motion designer com certeza 2013 é um ano de mudanca.parabens

11. Alex

Muy bueno! Empecé como hobbie utilizando after effects y estaba buscando un programa de 3D para expandirme, sin preguntar, elegi cinema4D, y hoy me entero de cineware. Supongo que estoy en el camino correcto!. Saludos desde Argentina.

12. David Drayton aka. neosushi68

Fantastic video. Love the edit, sound and presentation. This makes Cineware aware to anyone :) Thanks Nick & Dave for sharing it with us.

cheers
    David

13. Allie Cugno

So excited! Called this so long ago when I was trying to convince my friends to switch to C4D from Maya for motion graphics. Thanks for sharing and therefore helping me send this as an “I told you so” link. Ahhh sweet victory!

14. michischwarz

Just saw the Adobe Hardware clip, you mentioned in your twitter feed. The Napoleon tool looks actually quite good and looks promissing. The pen itself however looks cumbersome and the thick top of the pen is a bummer. The lag between movement and actual drawing would get on my nerves too.

15. Anthony Abbott

Great Vid Guys!

Hey Chris-

The layering techniques you showed us were awesome. It would be cool to do a tutorial diving into how deep you can get procedurally into the layers // displacement to bet some amazing terrain//planet materials.

16. Anthony Abbott

Great Vid Guys!
    Hey Chris – Can you create a procedural earth texture like you did at NAB and then colorizer it so that the lowest regions are rivers/lakes and the highest mountains have snow?
    It would be cool to do a tutorial making a planet// earth terrain texture and see how deep you can get into the layering, displacement and coloring techniques that could eventually be used for VFX based shots.
    -Anthony

17. Sergghei

Great video and cool information, thank you. !!!!!
    I’m so happy about that !!!!!!!!!

18. Dock

Adobe just announced their exclusive move to the Cloud. No more CS suite, just Cloud versions. WTF? They are forcing us to perpetually pay for software on a monthly or yearly basis. This is outrageous in my opinion. What about post production facilities (like mine) with no internet connection on some machines (security springs to mind), so Adobe cannot check credentials once a month… what’s our option.
    Let alone the fact you never own the software, and in case you don’t want newer versions (workflow problems) you still need to pay on regular basis.

So Nick if you are in a position to say out loud to someone at Adobe that this is a lame attempt to get more money from us… It will definitely backfire on them, one way or another…

• I like Creative Cloud so far. It’s only been a few months, but it makes sense for me. But, if you think Adobe just wants your money, I would suggest finding another compositing software.

• Dock

AEX is not just a compositing software, but an animation sw also, and there’s nothing comparable on the market right now. Nuke is great, but not for animation, Fusion is PC/Linux only, Motion sucks…..etc.
        And they’re aware of that. That’s why they are going that route. And there’s no guarantee they won’t pump up the prices in a year or two when they tie you in.
        Lack of competition leads to corporate greed, pure and simple.This approach will not stop piracy, it would fuel it even more. And rightly so!

I’m not the only one. Read this.

BTW: great and very useful site

• raischub

That´s it and nothing else. Cloud = Thumbscrew!

• raischub

Hi Gorilla

As an professional you should know exactly, that there are no alternatives to some of Adobes´s products. That´s why I would call them a monopolist.
        Many people trusted in Adobe. Created workflows with their solutions. My AE PlugIns are much more expensive than the whole CS6 MC. Also there are no really compareable products for PS & Illustrator. All the other solutions have (for the moment great leaks like no CMYK-Sup./16bit or only RGB etc.) Many workflows to print use PDF – Photographers Adobes RAW) – That´s called FORCING! And not everyone likes hiring his own archive after subscription (No Fee? No Files!). I´ve thousands of clients files & guaranteed full access for 3 years by contract.
        I liked your website till today, nearly own all of your products. But I don´t find this comment as very helpful or objective. Adobe isn´t Adobe any longer. It´s in the same category as MS or below since Mon. 6th May. Just don´t want to see photoshop start up any longer.

• raischub

Another trouble is, that with defining video-workflows new now, that can also have efforts to the use of C4D for us. Sigh. As we very lucky to use the AE/Cinema bridge many of me and the network here are about to change this workflow also. There are many side-effects like this. As you can see (and I think you also know) – changing isn´t as easy!

• @raischub: I agree, you have to pay every month and this is almost the double price as before. I am really angry about CC and how Adobe proceeds with Master Collection users. I understand the cloud shit but CC is far away from a good product as actually announced. Its always the same stuff out of box with some blabla. I can wait and will miss nothing. For sure.

• raischub

Me too.
      Adobe is a monopolist ice-cold using it´s market right. This “cloud only” has moved me away from Adobe. Here are some people in EU, who are thinking that this is also not law-conform.
      I´m using dobe for more than 22 years now. My CS6 Master Collection always uptodate. Always payed. But enough is enough.
      We are just defining new workflows. May be we will complete to throw away in near future – but on the long run we´ll do. Nearly 95% of the users I know are against that. There are also petitions with 15.000+ subscripers:
      and for US-citizens at:

I´m sure Apple & MS will find out its an sexy pay-method for operating systems too.
      In the end, the first thing your pc will do at start-up is: “connecting bank account…”
      THAT is not the idea behind cloud-computing, for what this product is abused for.

I´m not amused about all, who find that´s a “cool” cloud.
      Hiring my own archive after subscribtion? No -Thanks!!!!

• I have the sickening feeling Adobe is “eyeing” Cinema 4D with thoughts to acquire it. In light of the fact Adobe is incapable of creating it’s own 3D program. Adobe getting tooooo close to C4D is a nightmare scenario.

• raischub

That would change the great philosophy of C4D completely…
          Can´t even think about a horrible help system made by Adobe… Uargh! (ever tried or ever found help there within 3h?).. as the first thing.
          Will become as arrogant as Adobe too, if.
          The Developers at Cinema are so helpful and interested in their work…
          But I was afraid of that fact too.

• raischub

Yes a horrible scenario. The people at maon are so helpful, interested and serious. And far away from that arro… behavior of Adobe…
          But at least – Nearly every app in the Adobe portfolio wasn´t self developed but bought.
          Don´t let´s think about…

19. raed from algeria

hi,
    it was so amazing /
    please tell me what is the next tutorial .
    thnx ???? ??

20. Federico De Virgiliis

Hello Nick !

Great posts evry time, I love to share them on Twitter, I do that often, it would be lovely to have a twitter/share/button/option directly linked to the posts, it would make the sharing lot quicker. Think about it ! Thanks a lot.

Federico

21. You look sick in this video Nick, everything alright? :o

22. Remington M

I’ve got a question Nick. How is the Creative Cloud going to tie in with plugin developers? Because typically whenever a new version is released there’s some catching up to do and it take a while for plugins to convert. I always keep the previous version on my hard drive for that specific reason. If the software is automatically updating, I don’t see how developers can keep up, and I don’t see how you’d have the option to deny an upgrade if it was going to make your plugins unusable.

I know you aren’t Adobe and don’t have all of the answers, but I know you’ve got a closer relationship than most and might have that answer.

• Remington M

Okay, thank you! I’d love to find out if you do.

• Remington M

I think this may have answered my questions

“Creative Cloud paid members have access to a select set of archived versions of the desktop apps. Starting with CS6, select older versions of the desktop creative apps will be archived and available for download. Archived versions are provided “as is” and are not updated to work with the latest hardware and software platforms.”

It’s #5 on: http://terrywhite.com/5-myths-about-adobe-creative-cloud/

23. Corsh

You should’ve wear your GSG shirt nick =) Great presentation! Love all your informative tutorials! Cheers!

24. Terry Croft

Hey Nick nice shot, Which cam recorder do you use for it? canon, nikon?

25. lectric

Its so cool, to see so f+++++++ great new stuff! But why is the quality so low? It´s sometimes hard to see, what they are really doing.

26. Vicky Gray-Clark

Great video Nick!! It really captures the energy and excitement that was palatable at the MAXON booth at NAB this year and how much so many of those who use CINEMA 4D seem to love being a part of the “family-like” community!

Loved seeing you at the show, and the pinball party was a lot of fun too! :-)