Can We Have 2 Minutes of Your Time To Watch This Video?

Introducing Signal from Greyscalegorilla 20 Comments

SignalNoise

The Cinema 4D Timeline has always been intimidating to me. I loved animating in After Effects. But, when I started using Cinema 4D, I craved the simplicity of AE.

So, I mostly ignored animation. I ended up using other tools like the Vibrate tag or the random effector to drive animations. I would set a few keyframes when I needed them, but it always felt like a chore. It wasn’t as fun as the rest of Cinema 4D. Plus, it was hard to go back and change an animation once it was keyframes.

That’s why we built Signal. Signal allows you to animate any parameter in Cinema 4D with no keyframes. It’s like Mograph for your timeline.

SignalBounce

Signal does so many things. It’s hard to describe in one sentence. But, here are some ideas.

• Need something in your scene to rotate or move forever?
  • Need To add a subtle wiggle to your Camera?
  • Want to make seamless loop-able animations?
  • Maybe you need to easily animate a texture?
  • Want to experiment with animation instead of endlessly tweaking keyframes?

Combine Signal’s different animation types to get exactly the animation you want.

Need it to go faster? Just change the speed or the loop point.

Want to layer a subtle animation onto a current one? Just add a new layer and experiment.

Don’t like the change? Remove it.

Simple To Apply To Any Object

[1]Twist

Animate Everything. Even colors

color_noise

Play with your animation and discover more than just interpolation.

Here is a recording of Yesterday’s Live cast about Signal. We got a lot of great questions and feedback. In the video, we go over how to set up Signal and show off what it’s capable of in a few projects.

Live Q&A

Here is what Signal users are saying already

This is months of work that is finally out, and i’m excited to see what people do with it. I feel like we don’t even know what is possible with Signal yet. It works everywhere in Cinema 4D. I can’t wait to see what designers do with it.

Learn more about Signal

1. Abraham

Thanks Nick for creating this I also have a difficult time animating this tool will make it easier, cant wait to use it.

2. Fathom VFX

Congrats, Nick and Crew! This will def. prove to be incredibly useful. Surprised Maxon didn’t think of this! Hoping you guys have a mild Winter coming (used to live in Chitown… love it but Florida is warmer… lacks architecture though… only strip malls, swamps, and boa constrictors). My purchase of signal is IMMINENT!

3. I just played with Signals and finally decided to post a message here on GSG.

I’ve been following GSG for some time now and have enjoyed all the tutorials they have because of the vigor they display for the program while presenting the tutorials. I have paid for training tutorials that are very informative and loaded with ideas… but … sometimes I want to hang myself while listening to them as they speak as if they were talking to a 5th grade student.

That being said …

The upbeat tutorials lead me to the plug-ins they have. Simply put… I have all of the GSG plug-ins. Every plug-in saves us time and makes things look pretty in minutes.

I have felt like “chiming in” on this blog after the first tutorial I watched and felt the same way after each plug-in I bought.

Now GSG gives us Signals !

WOW ! You nailed this one guys.

Really … Nice job !
    The plug-in is wonderful…

All my love,
    Red

4. Rogue Robot

This looks fantastic.
    How feasible is it to do the same for AfterEffects?
    Since that’s about 75% of my work, this would be an amazing addition to my toolset.

Come on, Chris – work your magic!

• Marco Cardenas

just alt click the stopwatch you want to cycle or pingpong and type

loopOut(“cycle”)
      or
      loopOut(“pingpong”)

if you want a parameter to endlessly animate (like a rotation or evolution) alt click and type

time*100

changing the number will speed it up or slow it down. just play with it. time* also works with negative values.

cheers!

-marco

5. This is crazy overpriced, isn`t it? Can we have a test version?

• We have a 60 day money back policy. Feel free to buy any of our products and return it if it’s not worth it or doesn’t suit your needs.

• I think “crazy overpriced” is a bit of a stretch for an $130 product that could be a huge time saver for some people. I think there’s a valid argument to be made that some products in our industry are “crazy overpriced”…but I don’t think any of the ones made by Greyscale Gorilla fall into that category.

6. justin

Guys this really is great :) For me the best part is the curve editing you can do with it. I’ve been using the graph editor in Cinema for a long time but it is terrible in terms of user friendliness in comparison to the after effects graph editor. This looks like it will answer my prayers in finding an alternative.

An idea I had, we could be piling these signal tags onto objects, I was wondering if you guys knew if it was possible and would be beneficial to incorporate shying functionality similar to after effects layers for the tags.

7. Adan Philips

I think i found a bug when working with Signal and Vray 1.9,

When I assign signal to control the luminance on one material its fine
    Object A has a signal tag that controls the luminance on Material A

But when I have more then one setup, it doesnt work.
    it only works on the first one. and ignores the rest
    Object A has a signal tag that controls the luminance on Material A
    Object B has a signal tag that controls the luminance on Material B

8. Charlie K

Was just about to click “Buy” when I saw no R13 support.
    Real bummer.

9. Bryan

Count me in. I have HD lights, Light Kit and Texture Kit, and everything you guys do is so well thought out and pro. Many thanks for the tools.

10. Bryan

For me anyway, just getting a more seamless looking noise effector loop is worth the price of admission

11. I love this plugin. It is well worth the money. Signal is very good for certain artist types who like to jump in and experiment first rather than read the manual beforehand like myself. I hated messing with f curves for simple animations. Your plugin is perfect for quick animation solutions and for experimenting with possibilities in real time (or within the threshold of my frustration bucket). Keep up the awesome work. Cheers!