What are Five Second Projects?
We all want to make original work for our demo reel or portfolio. But, sometimes you just need a theme to get you started and some rules to fight against. Here is your chance.
Use this month's theme to make a five second motion piece and enter it into the form on the project's page.
If you're new to five second projects, why not check out the Five Second Projects Archive to see all of the past themes and winners.
Five Second Projects Rules
- Submissions must be 5 seconds Long!
- Any animation is accepted. Video only submissions will not.
- The animation has to do with the theme in some way.
- Original work only. Don't cut out 5 seconds of already made work.
- Link back to GSG on your Vimeo Post
- PRO TIP: Try using the theme as a visual metaphor. In other words, there shouldn't be a need to add the theme name as text in your animation.
6 Reasons You should Join the latest Five Second Project
- Try new techniques or software.
- Limitations help get the mind working.
- Make short, rad pieces for your reel.
- Get critique from your peers.
- Promote yourself.
How Do I Enter my Video?
- Create a five second animation based on the theme.
- Upload your video to Vimeo. Don't forget to add a link back to this page.
- Submit your link to the form on the project's page to add it to the channel.