State of the Union – GSG Schedule And My Commitment to You
Hi Everyone! If you have been following GreyscaleGorilla, you may have seen some changes in the last six months or so. GSG has gone from a photo blog, to a fully fledged inspiration, productivity, review and tutorial blog. You may have also noticed that posts can be intermittent or non existent at times. Today’s video is all about setting a schedule for posting to the GSG blog and to committing to a certain number of posts each and every week. I also wanted to narrow down the focus of the site to make it more clear to new and veteran readers. Ok, Here we go.
What will GreyscaleGorilla do for me?
I want to help you how to make cool shit. You have stuff that you want to make and I want to help make it happen. I want this site to be a place where you not only learn the techinical stuff, but more importantly, I want to inspire you to create and give you the tools, tips and techniques to make it happen.
What exactly will the posts be about?
- Techincal Knoledge – Photoshop, Cinema 4D, After Effects and general workflow skills will be taught though project based and tip based video tutorials. You know the drill by know. Ask me how to do something, and I will show you how I do it. It’s that easy.
- Inspiration – I will post work, quotes, video, tips and design from other creatives and creators to inspire you to create cool shit. Hey, I can’t do this alone you know 🙂
- Create Situations for you to Make Cool Shit – I made the Five Second Projects to help give you a reason to make something for your own portfolio. It is also a great place to get feedback on your work. Don’t worry if your not a Motion Designer. I will have a place for all creatives and creators to share their work soon.
- Personal Tips – I’ve made a million mistakes and I want to share with you everything I have gone though to get to where I am. Of course, I will also share new information as I learn it along the way.
OK, Get to the schedule already… Geez
- Mondays Five Second Projects – New theme announcements and midpoints
- Tuesdays Tutorial Tuesdays – At least one quality tutorial. Gotta learn them tools.
- Wednesdays Written Wednesdays – Written posts about all things creative.
- Thursdays Q and A – I will answer questions from you in a video or in written form. These could be questions in comments that I read or from emails that I get from you. Keep the questions coming, and I will answer them.
- Fridays: Fuck It Friday – Let’s be honest, it’s friday you’re are all watching Layer Tennis or drinking beer. But, if there is a post that doesn’t fit into the other days, you will see it here.
What do you think, this site is about learning from you too. I’d love to hear your comments!