Join in with our community to win your 5 seconds of fame!
This month’s topic: COFFEE
Deadline is Friday, August 3rd, 2018 at Midnight CST!
“Candy Cane” Theme – Created by Charlie Proctor and Alfredo Tognetti
- Submissions must be 5 seconds long!
- Any animation is accepted. Video-only submissions will not.
- The animations have to do with the theme in some way.
- Original work only. Don’t cut out 5 seconds of already made work.
- Link back to this page in your Youtube’s video description.
“Harvest” Theme – Created by Nicola Gastaldi
Why Should You Enter?
- Try new techniques or software.
- Limitations help get the mind working.
- Make short, awesome pieces for your reel.
- Get critique from your peers. Be sure to log in to your Greyscalegorilla account page to join the 5-Second Project Slack Channel
- Promote yourself.
“Paradise” Theme – Created by Rickard Bengtsson
How Do I Enter my Video?
- Create a 5-second animation based on the theme.
- Upload your video to Youtube. Don’t forget to add a link back to this blog post.
- Submit your link to the form below and We will add it to the master Youtube playlist. (Submissions can take up to 48 hours to be added to the project.)
- Deadline is Sunday, March 25th at Midnight CST.
PRO TIP: Try using the theme as a visual metaphor. In other words, there shouldn’t be a need to add the literal theme’s title as text in your animation.
How are official winners judged?
- Voted on by the entire team over at Greyscalegorilla
- It’s left completely subjective to each team member to vote
- Things we might look for: Visual interest, energy, story, effort, simplicity, cleverness, humor, emotion, etc.
SUBMIT YOUR 5-SECOND PROJECT
Don’t see the form? Click here!