Posted In: Digital CamerasGreyscalegorilla
- Buy Simple HDR: Made in collaboration with the excellent team at Built Light.
- An Entire 360 HDRI Camera Rig That Fits In Your Pocket: Click here to see how to make your own custom HDRIs with Theta 360 and Simple HDR.
- Greyscalegorilla HDRI Collection: Over 200 Pro HDRIs for only $99.
Yep, if you have ever thought about ever getting my Vintage film for Looks, now is the time. It’s now only $69 down from it’s original price of $99. What’s more, you can now get ALL 17 of the guru presets from Red Giant for only $499. This includes Vintage Film For Looks and tons of other hand made presets, templates, looks, and training from industry-leading designers with decades of experience.
What is Nick Campbell’s Vintage Film For Looks?
Red Giant asked me to create a set of looks for their Magic Bullet Looks, Quick looks and Photo looks. I have been creating different color corrected looks for photos, video and iphone apps for years, than they thought it may be a good idea to share all of those looks with you with a full set of presets that you could use in your projects. So, I did. Now, I use it all the time. Here are a few videos of it in action.
Every Filter From Vintage Film For Looks
Color Correcting 3D Renders
How to Color Correct Your Footage Using Vintage Film for Looks
Recent Video I Made Using Vintage Film For Looks
I came across this wonderful short over at Prolost that was shot with the new Canon 7D. It got me wondering, Where is Nikon’s version of a camera that shoots 1080P? Full frame and a mic input would be nice too.
They are starting to try out video with the new D5000 and the D90, but those don’t shoot 1080P and have very limited video and audio capabilities (11 kHz, Mono? come on!). Seems like Canon realized that video on a DSLR isn’t just a gimmick. When will Nikon do the same?
I’m really excited to announce that the new ShakeItPhoto V1.1 was just approved and is for sale at the Apple Store. The new version allows you to process existing photos in your camera roll though the application. Also, You can shoot as fast as you need with the new multi-threading technology. No waiting and shaking if you don’t want to. iPod Touch users can also now use ShakeItPhoto. Of course, the cropping issue on the 3GS was fixed as well as some other small wiggles and bumps.
Please upgrade if you have the original or for darn sakes, if you haven’t bought it yet, please do at the Apple App Store. I would love to hear your feedback on the new verson. Please leave a comment at the iTunes store for the new version and drop me some words or your ShakeItPhotos in the comments as well.
Photo Shake Down
The camera poster in the video is out of print, but you can get a poster from Rod Hunting and other great artists at the Post Family Shop.
Close Up Bulbs
Other questions include…
- Could you tell me a little about yourself and your background in photography?
- When did you first become interested in visual arts?
- Why did you pick the name greyscalegorilla?
- In what ways has your photoblog changed your life?
- What was your first camera?
- What equipment do you use?
- Why Nikon instead of Canon?
- If you had to pick only one body and one lens, what combination would you choose and why?
- Can you describe your workflow? (from camera to web)
- What is one thing you’ve learned that has had the biggest positive impact on your photography?
- What would you most like the opportunity to photograph?
- What is the question you’re asked most regarding photography?
- Who are your favorite photographers?
- If you could choose one photographer to be interviewed by PetaPixel, who would it be and why?
Want to read instead? Here is the full transcribed interview over at PetaPixel.