What Are Five Second Projects?
We all want to make original work for our demo reel or portfolio. But, sometimes you just need a theme to get you started or some rules to fight against. Here is your chance. Use the theme “Command-Z” to make a five second motion piece and enter it into the form below. If you’re new to five second projects, why not check out the Five Second Projects Archive to see all of the past themes and winners. Have Fun!
Watch a Video about the rules
1. Submissions must be Five Seconds Long!
2. Any animation is accepted. Video only submissions will not.
3. The animations has to do with the theme in some way.
4. Original Work only. Don’t cut out 5 seconds of already made work.
5. Link back to GSG on your Vimeo Post
Why Should You Enter?
Watch The Video about why to enter
1. Try new techniques or software
2. Limitations help get the mind working.
3. Make short, awesome pieces for your reel.
4. Get critique from your peers.
5. Promote yourself.
How Do I Enter my Video?
1. Create a five second animation based on the theme.
2. Upload your video to Vimeo. Don’t forget to add a link back to this blog post.
3. Submit your link to the form below and I will add it to the channel. (Submissions can take up to 48 hours to be added to the project.)
4. Deadline is Sunday, September 2nd
PRO TIP: Try using the theme as a visual metaphor. In other words, there shouldn’t be a need to add “Command-Z” as text in your animation.
SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED. Thanks for entering.