THE PROBLEM: Animated cameras often look “CG” and robotic. They lack that subtle human imperfection and correcting this with built-in tools can be tedious and time-consuming. Vibrate tags don’t cut it and the “Motion Camera” is way too cumbersome.
THE SOLUTION: GorillaCam takes your existing camera in C4D and instantly adds that human touch. With a few clicks, your camera feels more natural and realistic and your animation is instantly more engaging.
WHAT IS GORILLACAM?
GorillaCam is a plugin for Cinema 4D R16 and above. It is designed to work with your existing animated (or un-animated) camera. Its purpose is simple. GorillaCam makes your camera feel like a real person is behind it, not some cold, dead machine.
GorillaCam can smooth out a boring linear camera move, add subtle (or not-so-subtle) shake, automatically overshoot targets, and even rack focus with subtle imperfection.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This plugin is perfect for anyone that wants to create more engaging shots in Cinema 4D but doesn’t want to hassle with complicated camera rigs. Every scene has a camera, make yours unique with GorillaCam!
WORKS WITH PHYSICAL, STANDARD, REDSHIFT, OCTANE, ARNOLD, CYCLES, AND MANY MORE!
GorillaCam is a great tool for look-dev, final animation, and everything inbetween.
Smoothing and Overshoot
GorillaCam’s smoothing feature can transform even the most jank camera move into a buttery smooth Steadicam shot. GorillaCam’s Overshoot feature allows the camera to overcompensate in both position and rotation to simulate large-heavy camera rigs.Click Here for More GorillaCam Videos
Shake System and Jolt
The GorillaCam Shake System can instantly make your camera more engaging. This fully art-directable feature has three speeds of shake in both position and rotation. Need a shake to happen at specific times? Use the Jolt system! It adds even more imperfect nuance at specific times or intervals.Click Here for More GorillaCam Videos
Ever found yourself getting frustrated adding vibrate tags to your cameras? Gorilla Cam has got your back!
Target and Zoom
With the Target and Zoom tabs you can easily create lifelike camera’s that follow objects around your scene or even a UFO across the sky. Complete with overshoot and shake settings of their own, you can quickly create cameras that feel less CG.Click Here for More GorillaCam Videos
Focus overshoot allows you to easily simulate a camera operator searching for the right focus or add some “Focus Drift” to create add overall imperfection to your focal distance.Click Here for More GorillaCam Videos
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Think of GorillaCam as a filter that you attach to your original camera. You feed GorillaCam a pre-animated (or still) camera and that becomes the “reference” camera. That way you are free to add as much overshoot, smooth, and shake as you like without destroying your original camera.
- Select your animated or un-animated camera in Cinema 4D (the keyframes can even be linear!)
- Under Plugins, click on GorillaCam
- A GorillaCam is instantly created and will automatically reference your original camera. Neat!
- Select the GorillaCam tag and choose your scale.
- Grab a preset from the drop-down or hit the “I’m feeling lucky” button and away you go!
Of course, you can dive as deep as you’d like. The “Advanced” tab has all the power user settings to help you achieve the exact look you desire.
- GorillaCam Shake System: The fastest way to add ultra-realistic/non-destructive shake to your existing camera in Cinema 4D
- Simple Smoothing: Easily smooth out our your existing camera motion with GorillaCam’s proprietary smoothing algorithm.
- Works with your existing camera: No need to set up or use complicated rigs. GorillaCam will reference whatever camera you feed it.
- 60 GorillaCam presets: Whether you’re looking for subtle movement on a product shot, looking to spice up an architectural walk-through, or you’re animating an action-packed car chase, GorillaCam has a preset for you.
- Directable “Jolt”: Ever watch a cop drama tv show and notice that every so often it looks like the camera person was bumped? This is why we created the “Jolt” feature. Jolt will allow you to bump your camera operator at specific intervals in time or allow you to specify whatever frames you’d like to Jolt your camera. Perfect for anvil head drops or post-apocalyptic explosions.
- Overshoot all the things: Quickly add realistic overshoot to your camera’s position AND it’s rotation.
- Camera Target Overshoot: Works with your existing camera target or will create one for you.
- Zoom Shake: Create 70’s crash-zoom effects easily with our Zoom tab.
- Simple Scale Buttons: Whether you’re shooting a cell phone or hovering over a city in a chopper, you can easily change the scale of GorillaCam shakes with the click of a button.
- Create, save, and share your own GorillaCam presets
- Non-destructive workflow: Your original camera is always safe and one click away.
- Simple Swap: Easily look through your original camera with a double-click on the GorillaCam tag. Shift-Click the GorillaCam tag to immediately select your reference camera.
- Feeling Lucky? Tap the “Feeling Lucky” button for a unique GorillaCam shake with every click.
- Three Speeds of Shake: GorillaCam utilizes three shake speeds to create believable camera shake.
- Advanced Controls for when you need it. Simple sliders for when you don’t: We built GorillaCam to be simple for those that need good results fast, but it was also important to us those power users have all the controls they would need to fully art-direct their own GorillaCam looks/presets.
- Multiple Baking Options: Need to share your scene with an artist that doesn’t have GorillaCam or send it up to a cloud-based farm? GASP! No worries, you can easily bake out your GorillaCam and sleep well. You can even “un-bake” to get all your controls back to where you left them.
- GORILLACAM PLUGIN DOWNLOAD
- 24/7 ACCESS TO YOUR DOWNLOAD VIA OUR CUSTOMER AREA
- GORILLACAM TRAINING
- “NO HASSLE LICENSE” No waiting for authorization codes, you download, install, and go.
- 60 GORILLACAM PRESETS Everything from Hand-Held to Buttery Smooth
- ACCESS TO THE GSG CONNECT SLACK CHANNEL
How does this differ from C4D’s Camera Tools?
GorillaCam is much simpler and we believe a more intuitive workflow than the native C4D tools. GorillaCam is not a rig. It’s not stuck to a spline. Meaning, it does not force the artist to animate their camera with specific tools in a specific way. It simply references whatever camera you feed it. In fact, you can even use it in on a Motion Camera. Also, GorillaCam has many features that the Motion Camera and the vibrate tag lacks. Such as the ability to save and share presets, one click baking, simple scaling options, three frequencies of shake, the ability to easily create focal drift, our unique “Jolt” parameter, the “I’m feeling lucky” button, and much more.
Does GorillaCam work with any camera type in Cinema 4D?
Yes. GorillaCam supports all standard Cinema 4D camera types.
Will GorillaCam work with third-party renderers?
Yes. You can put third-party render tags on GorillCam just like you would a regular C4D camera.
Can I animate my GorillaCam?
GorillaCam needs a camera to reference. If you launch the plugin without a camera selected, GorillaCam will ask you if you’d like to create a reference camera. All of the motion animations of your camera needs to happen on your reference camera. Think of GorillaCam as a filter on top of your original camera. If your original camera is animated, then GorillaCam will be as well. If your reference camera is motionless, then GorillaCam will be motionless (until you put some sweet shake on there at least).
Will it work on render farms?
If you encounter a cloud farm that does not have GorillaCam installed, simply choose one of the two baking options and delete the GorillaCam tag before you upload to your render farm.
Is it compatible with After Effects AEC files or Cineware?
Yes, as long as you bake out your GorillaCam using our one-click-bake button, you’ll be just fine.
GorillaCam is what EVERYONE needs to add that extra layer of depth to their animation. I cannot see myself going back to the standard Cinema 4D camera ever.
Your cart is empty. Go to the store »
|Product type:||C4D Plugin|
|Requirements:||C4D R16 and above|
Reflectance got to be too complicated. Topcoat simplifies my life just like HDRI Studio did to help get the look I wanted.
I love HDRI Rig and Topcoat. The tools you provide are real time savers!
Topcoat is great for adding realistic wear and grunge layers that give objects that extra punch to look real.
I have TopCoat docked in my layout, I use it so much. I’m always throwing on and layering a few things. It’s optimized well, too.
Best HDRI’s on the Net I have searched everywhere!
HDRI Link simplifies workflow and increases productivity by easing the burden when transitioning between different rendering engines in Cinema 4D.
HDRI Link is a shortcut to the end of your HDRI scavenger hunt.
HDRI Link has become my go-to plugin when doing HDRI lighting in Arnold.
It’s hard to think that a tiny little tag can change your workflow so dramatically. But HDRI Link does just that.