In this episode, we share with you some of our favorite things from 2016.
Thanks To Zachary Robinson and Layerframe for helping with the Podcast.
In this episode, we talk about Procrastination and how to deal it with work and personal projects. Also, chad unboxes his new Google Pixel phone.
Our goal here at Greyscalegorilla is to provide Motion Designers with the best C4D and animation tutorials and workflow plugins on the planet. But sometimes we put out SO MUCH STUFF, it can be hard to watch it all.
That’s why we narrowed it down to our 36 picks for our favorite tutorials of 2016.
Much More Than The Usual Tutorials
Among our usual long form project based tutorials, we also did a video about the differences between Arnold, Octane, and Physical. We also went over What’s new in Cinema 4D R18. We made our first Arnold and Octane tutorials, and we even helped make a documentary about the origin of Motion Graphics.
This and much more can be found below along with over 400 more tutorials on our Tutorials Page. Browse below and catch up on some of our favorites from the last year.
Attention HDRI Studio Rig Customers:
Update to HDRI Studio & Browser to version 2.142
- HDRI Studio’s Icon can be double clicked in the Object Manager to open HDRI Browser quickly.
- New “Show all” feature in HDRI Browser to view every single HDRI in your collection at one time.
- HDRI Browser remembers all settings when layout is saved
- HDRI Studio and Browser are now compatible with Cinema 4D’s Take system so you can quickly iterate through different looks.
- In R18 HDRI Browser loads the low-res version of the selected HDRI into the viewports “Environmental override” channel. This allows a realtime preview of the HDRI in the viewport when OpenGL with Reflections is turned on.
- HDRI Browser can be linked to remote “Packs” folder via the “Change Directory” option. This allows for a large collection of HDRIs to live on a different drive and for multiple versions of C4D to share the same folder saving you from having to duplicate potentially tens of gigabits worth of HDRIs
- R18 Reflective floor bug fixed
HDRI Expansion Pack Customers note:
In this update you may notice that your HDRI Expansion pack names have changed and now match what is found in our online store. We apologize in advance if this change causes any missing texture errors, however they are easily remedied by re-selecting the appropriate HDRI in the Browser. This new naming system will allow for us to create a better on-going experience for our customers.
In this episode, we talk about how to learn faster and what to do when you find yourself the worst one in the room. Let’s learn how to learn and find the right techniques to become a professional Motion Designer.